File Name: TES4WeaponsOverhaul

File Submitter: herpderp1453

File Submitted: 26 Jan 2014

File Category: Weapons & Spells

Requires: SPIKE.esm [included]

The whole purpose of this mod is to bring the weapons from TES4 Oblivion into Skyrim, like the name suggests. Personally, I missed some of the weapons [like Umbra and Shadowrend] so I decided to bring the weapons of the previous Elder Scrolls game into Skyrim.

download.png
Click here to download this file

So what's included? You only have a couple of screenshots. :) I loved the old weapons, particularly the glass... and the ebony armor, though not weapons. Give us a rundown of what you've got in the mod, where to get it, etc.

There's a readme file in the zip folder that pretty much covers everything. But basically it's the main 8 weapon types from oblivion for each material, all craftable and upgradeable (as long as you have the corresponding perks). There's also some daedric artifacts and other "unique" weapons like debaser and shadowrend in there, though those are scattered throughout skyrim (locations also in readme).

Guest Ragna_Rok

if those weapons are ripped from oblivion or morrowind or whatever, thats baaaaad :D bethesda stated lots of times that you dont rip / port stuff from one of theirs to another game, even if its from morrwind to oblivion, or skyrim to oblivion, or whatever.

i just wonder because youre just here for a day, no harsh feelings.

Guest Ragna_Rok

may i quote a real big asshole (The "Dork-One"), that... sadly, has a true point:

What's the problem then?
Porting on a personal level (i.e. doing it yourself) is, in my opinion, not illegal if you own both the games. It may well be against the EULA that game developers provide as the terms for using their software but it's about as illegal as recording a film off the TV to watch at a later date. Neither act is legal by the letter of the law but no one is going to come and knock down your door if you own both the games and port a gun from one to another. The problem arises when you share ported content with other people who may not or don't have both the games. That's copyright infringement and piracy.

Everything in a video game is copyrighted either by the developers of the game or by the license holder of the assets (game makers will often license assets from other developers or producers, for example, sound effects, to save on costs). If you port a gun from Call of Duty in to New Vegas and then share that gun with other people who don't have the game then that's piracy. If you upload that mod to the Nexus then you are making it public and are facilitating piracy as you cannot ensure that everyone who downloads the mod has both games. A disclaimer saying "Don't download if you don't own both games" would never pass in a court of law. It doesn't work on ROM sites and it wouldn't work here.

What are the rules here on uploading ports?
Basically; you cannot upload any ported content to the Nexus as it is illegal to do so. Anyone who tells you differently is lying or doesn't have a clue about copyright laws.

And the only i reason i give a fuck about this at all, is because i like it here, and i dont want Ashal or anyone else from the moderators / admins to get into trouble for stuff like that. nothing personal, again, i just like it here, and im not gonna stay aside and watch some random dude cause damage to my new sanctuary.