Horseback idle and other idle issues

varenne

First thanks for having this site and to all of the hard working mod authors my additional thanks!

Any who, having a problem with riding horses now that I've installed quite a few mods, both manually and via OMODs. Trying to trace down the cause of this issue.

If my character isn't moving, idle on horse back, she goes into a normal, not on horseback standing idle. Is this the skeletonbeast.nif or some other file as the root cause?

Also the idleanims used by Colourwheel, seductiveidlea.kf and seductiveidleb.kf are a bit excessively used, AND also affect my player character. Has anyone managed to edit these to occur less frequently and/or turn them off for player characters? I can manage my way around TESConstructionSet, just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Varenne

Varenne,

Welcome to the forum!

Well, I don't think we can help you on the horse issue without knowing what all you have installed. Post your load order and note any mods (like animation or utilities like OBSE) that don't come with esp/esm's.

As to the walks. Well by default Oblivion only comes with one walk. So whatever mod you install to change walks will change all walks. The good news is modders long ago came to the rescue and help to come up with some solutions.

If you are using a male PC then I suggest you install this: http://www.slofslair.co.uk/index.php?page=modarticle&modarticle/id=5pih00b049g

It is a mod that will only effect the male pc.

Varenne' date='

Welcome to the forum!

Well, I don't think we can help you on the horse issue without knowing what all you have installed. Post your load order and note any mods (like animation or utilities like OBSE) that don't come with esp/esm's.

As to the walks. Well by default Oblivion only comes with one walk. So whatever mod you install to change walks will change all walks. The good news is modders long ago came to the rescue and help to come up with some solutions.

If you are using a male PC then I suggest you install this: http://www.slofslair.co.uk/index.php?page=modarticle&modarticle/id=5pih00b049g

It is a mod that will only effect the male pc.

[/quote']

Thanks gregathit,

As of 12-25-11 load order is as follows:

Oblivion.esm

Lovers with PK.esm

LoversCreature.esm

BreakUndies.esm

CM Partners.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCOrrery Vwalk.esp

DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCFrostcrag Vwalk.esp

DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCThievesDen Vwalk UOP.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor Vwalk UOP.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Female NPCs Vwalk UOS.esp

Oblivion Vwalk UOS.esp

DLCShiveringIsles Vwalk DG_DS UOS.esp

DLCShiveringIsles Vwalk UOS.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp

Knights.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

Knights Vwalk UOP.esp

CM Partners.esp

CM Partners Vwalk.esp

CM Partners NPC.esp

CM Partners NPC Vwalk.esp

CM Partners Special NPCs.esp

CM Partners Special NPCs Vwalk.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

ChaseCameraMod.esp

MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp

Slof's Boners! v5.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Stock Armor & Clothing Replacer.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp

KT_CustomRaceFix.esp

Elves Of Lineage II.esp

IDKRRR_C_race.esp

IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp

Abriael_Human.esp

Chocolate Elves.esp

cmChocolates.esp

CuteElf11.esp

Adult_BookStore.esp

Exotic_Easy.esp

Exotic_Leveled.esp

Underwater.esp

Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp

AAbuiesdaqun.esp

BlessedMageKnightDress.esp

Captain_Molly_HGEC.esp

CHEAT - 12 Godlike Rings.esp

Alchemy Girl ver 2.1.esp

Kain's Alchemy Book.esp

Marijuana in Oblivion.esp

Aus's Alchemy Helper!.esp

1310-Chamelion-NoRefraction-TESSource.esp

EY_AoD.esp

Queensarmory.esp

R18PN - Schatten lauf Amr.esp

SedaArmorL.esp

Westwind_Rogue_HGEC.esp

VipCxj_HighHeels.esp

VipCxjHHTest.esp

ElvenSorceress BU.esp

SetBody.esp

CB Unholy Corrupter.esp

SD2011.esp

MONSTERGIRL-DEMON HIVE.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Female NPCs.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Ayelid Shrine.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Skyrim Outpost HGEC.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Lingerie HGEC.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Tavern HGEC.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Tifa.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Imperial Legion.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Imperial Legion Vwalk.esp

ColourWheels Sexy Servant Uniform.esp

Specialanims.esp

SeductiveIdles.esp

Creeper.esp

eyja.esp

eyja Vwalk.esp

Slof's Horses Base.esp

Slof's Extra Horses.esp

AliveWaters.esp

AliveWaters - Koi Addon.esp

AliveWaters - Slaughterfish Addon.esp

LoversRapeSlave.esp

LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp

LoversRaperSRussian.esp

LoversJoburg.esp

LoversPayBandit.esp

LoversPower.esp

LoversLight.esp

LoversFSE.esp

LoversLoveJuice.esp

LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp

LoversSpermSplashEx.esp

Lovers3dorgasm.esp

Lovers with PK.esp

Lovers with PK Extender.esp

LoversBitch.esp

LoversCreature_SexualOrgans.esp

LoversCreature.esp

Void_Estrus_Traps.esp

the punished girlbox 2.0b.esp

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

I'm fairly happy with my female player character walk, run, fight animations, it's the bloody idle that's taking away from the overall experience with constantly jumping into either seductivea or b, can't figure which one. Oddly enough, I removed it from the CW Sexy tavern install and it is still doing it. Weird...

I'm using OBMM ver. 1.1.12 and the latest OBSE, ver. 20 maybe? Is there a way to use TES CS to edit PC behavior? I thought I recalled doing that in Morrowind years ago.

I'll check out that male PC mod too, thanks!

Thanks gregathit,

As of 12-25-11 load order is as follows:

Unless you haven't changed or installed anything, please provide us the currentest [the most current, huh? dunno which one is correct] load order.

with constantly jumping into either seductivea or b, can't figure which one.

The character is jumping in idle state? Does (s)he jump also in inventory interface when no weapon is equipped?

The only one mod that would conflict or its files may be responsible for not compatible idle animations is specialanims.esp

From my experience, when I had wrong mixed up animations files in folder meshes/characters/_male and was using specialanims.esp, it occurred to me that my character was making weird jumps or tackle like a soccer player.

Solutions; I don't guarantee it is going to work but worth a try. Before attempting anyone of them, make a backup of the whole game, or at least the folders/files that gonna be replaced:

Download [Animation] and Skeleton from this post

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=11&pid=60155#pid60155

Direct link: http://www.mediafire.com/?f9a2wkgzo9mkma0

This mod will replace totally anims files in _male folder, and perhaps fix the horse issue too because in that package there is folder meshes/creatures/horese. So maybe it will fix the idle issue with horse.

BTW, I dunno if your load order is correct and if you're using BOSS. But I have this feeling you don't use BOSS to sort things out. I recommend to make your load order with BOSS unless there's some mod to your knowledge that requires other load order than BOSS suggests e.g. Ahtata argonian replacer HGEC, then you can move these exception to the BOSS rule mods manually.

Varenne,

Couple of things to look at before we talk about idles:

1. Check your readme and see if you were supposed to pick only one and not both of these IDKRRR_C_race.esp and IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp

2. Same for Exotic_Easy.esp and Exotic_Leveled.esp

3. Move Lovers3dorgasm.esp to be the last plugin (just under LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp)

Now for the idles:

Disable SeductiveIdles.esp, then start oblivion and load your latest save game, then hit escape and make a new full save (no quick or auto ones). Quit oblivion.

Then restart oblivion (with seductive idles still disabled) and see if you still have problems with your idles. I am thinking that the seductive idles esp is causing a conflict as you already have the default built in via installing your walk and vwalk mods. It maybe a case of a double whammy thing.

EDIT: On the male PC mod - it will make the pc have a manly walk (and him only) so if you are playing a woman....well it will look strange :)

And yes you can edit the animations your pc and other npc's use via the CS. The trick is figuring out which mod is the last to effect the character you want to change. The best way I know to determine this is via TES4EDIT which you can get at the nexus. You run it and it will load up all your mods and you can find the character you want to change and it will show all mods that effect that character. Then you will need to choose the one that is last in line (so the changes don't get overwritten) and either use TES4EDIT to modify it or the CS. If you are familiar with the CS this can be done quite easily but if you are not fairly handy with it then it may be best to find a mod that does what you want.

Holler if the above doesn't get you fixed or if you have other questions.

Varenne' date='

1. Check your readme and see if you were supposed to pick only one and not both of these IDKRRR_C_race.esp and IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp

3. Move Lovers3dorgasm.esp to be the last plugin (just under LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp)

Now for the idles:

Disable SeductiveIdles.esp, then start oblivion and load your latest save game, then hit escape and make a new full save (no quick or auto ones). Quit oblivion.

Then restart oblivion (with seductive idles still disabled) and see if you still have problems with your idles. I am thinking that the seductive idles esp is causing a conflict as you already have the default built in via installing your walk and vwalk mods. It maybe a case of a double whammy thing.

EDIT: On the male PC mod - it will make the pc have a manly walk (and him only) so if you are playing a woman....well it will look strange :)

And yes you can edit the animations your pc and other npc's use via the CS. The trick is figuring out which mod is the last to effect the character you want to change. The best way I know to determine this is via TES4EDIT which you can get at the nexus. You run it and it will load up all your mods and you can find the character you want to change and it will show all mods that effect that character. Then you will need to choose the one that is last in line (so the changes don't get overwritten) and either use TES4EDIT to modify it or the CS. If you are familiar with the CS this can be done quite easily but if you are not fairly handy with it then it may be best to find a mod that does what you want.

[/quote']

Thanks both gregathit and Cygarniczka!

Yeah, I couldn't remember why or what specialanims.esp does.

Got a little further since you last posted. As I mentioned I removed CW's CW_sexy_idle and forgot to make a new save, doh! I did and things have improved already, somewhat. At least I see that there are some conflicts going on in the idleanims.

1. IDKRRR_C_race.esp and IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp

IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp doesn't have a readme, and not mentionoed in the readme for the main or original file. I'll try disabling IDKRRR_C_race.esp and see what it does. IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp is slightly larger than the original so it may cover everyting in the original esp.

2. Exotic_Easy.esp and Exotic_Leveled.esp, yes this one is okay. The forst places the armor weapons in coc testinghall, the second is the actual quest with the same items to be acquired.

3. DONE! (I'm assuming Lovers3dorgasmMB2.esp should then be under that. I added it back in today for more testing/experimenting.)

I'll re-post, eventually once I try some of both of your suggestions and trace the root cause, others here may benefit from what I find.

On Boss, yeah, I used it in the past, but with all the adding/subtracting of mods I do to test them out, I tend to find it much easier to do it manually via some load orders I've copied down from here and a couple of other sites.

Thanks! Back to troubleshooting this...

Varenne' date='

Now for the idles:

[/quote']

Thanks both gregathit and Cygarniczka!

Yeah, I couldn't remember why or what specialanims.esp does.

Got a little further since you last posted. As I mentioned I removed CW's CW_sexy_idle and forgot to make a new save, doh! I did and things have improved already, somewhat. At least I see that there are some conflicts going on in the idleanims.

1. IDKRRR_C_race.esp and IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp

IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp doesn't have a readme, and not mentionoed in the readme for the main or original file. I'll try disabling IDKRRR_C_race.esp and see what it does. IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp is slightly larger than the original so it may cover everyting in the original esp.

2. Exotic_Easy.esp and Exotic_Leveled.esp, yes this one is okay. The forst places the armor weapons in coc testinghall, the second is the actual quest with the same items to be acquired.

3. DONE! (I'm assuming Lovers3dorgasmMB2.esp should then be under that. I added it back in today for more testing/experimenting.)

I'll re-post, eventually once I try some of both of your suggestions and trace the root cause, others here may benefit from what I find.

On Boss, yeah, I used it in the past, but with all the adding/subtracting of mods I do to test them out, I tend to find it much easier to do it manually via some load orders I've copied down from here and a couple of other sites.

Thanks! Back to troubleshooting this...

Just a little more clarity in what it is specifically that I'm trying to troubleshoot.

In Colourwheel's mods the is a folder titled CW_sexy_idle. It contains two files titled seductiveidlea.kf and seductiveidleb.kf This is used in game for CWs mods. It can also be observed on the original Oblivion NPC, Faustina Cartia.

The issue I feel seems to be with the time the idle lasts and when it gets triggered in game; if NPC character is idle for x number of seconds, it triggers. Problem is it is also being applied to my player character.

My latest tests point to this idle and how it i sset by one of the mods I have installed, and I'm guessing it's CWs at this point.

If I tried to get on horseback while the seductivea.kf or seductiveb.kf (I'm not sure which one is running, it's the one with both hands on hips and swaying back and forth) is still running is when I have an issue. The character runs the mount horse animation file, then goes back into seductive(a or B).kf while on horseback, standing, NOT sitting as she should.

If I move, she goes into the right sitting postion, but stop and she's back to standing and running the above idle. Quite annoying, as this should be easy to figure out. I went into TESCS and tried messing around with the variables but I'm stabing in the dark with no details on how to select the right variable equations.

I just downloaded and setup a new esp, Seductive_Idles.zip-11105.7z that controls these same two seductivea.kf and seductiveb.kf and a few others, it comes in four variations. I'm hoping to use it to reverse engineer my issue.

I also recall seeing these same two seductive idles in other mods, maybe cursed armor is one of them. I may use that too to see how it is being utilized.

Thanks everyone!

UPDATE

Okay, now that I'm going back over this all, Specialanims.esp from the PrettyWoman mod I use for the slow walk forward, back, left and right. I use as I prefer these over others. For running I use Woman's Move Running Animations by nao4288, my custom mix.

Also found a screen capture in Woman's Move showing what to edit in TES Construction Set which should help me further investigate and hopefully alter what I need in regards to this standing idleanim.

UPDATE

Okay' date=' now that I'm going back over this all, Specialanims.esp from the PrettyWoman mod I use for the slow walk forward, back, left and right. I use as I prefer these over others. For running I use Woman's Move Running Animations by nao4288, my custom mix.

Also found a screen capture in Woman's Move showing what to edit in TES Construction Set which should help me further investigate and hopefully alter what I need in regards to this standing idleanim.

[/quote']

UPDATE

Found a temporary work around. When the idle animation starts I can end it using the assigned mount key from LoversBitch, go in and out of the mount position/animation and viola! my character is back to normal standing idle. This also allows me to normally mount and ride a horse, I tested it. At least I can go back to playing the game some, I have yet to finish the entire main quest, lol. So many mods to play with...

Archived