Can't set people unessential

RichterQ87

So I recently decided to make a serial killer character in Skyrim to rid Skyrim of all annoying people and assholes. So naturally my first target was of course, Heimskr. It worked flawlessly. Then I moved on to of course, Nazeem and that's when it started getting tricky. I've tried to kill him with sneak tools in his sleep, doesn't work he just gets downed, I've tried attacking him normally, just gets downed and I've tried shooting a poison arrow into him that does 860 damage and he still doesn't die. He just gets downed. I tried to make him unessential via console by typing "setessential "hisID" 0" and the console gave no error but yet he still, won't, die. I've also tried setting the sneak tools option to allow essential kills, doesn't work. So after about literally 2 hours, I decided to leave him be for now and move on to my next target, Yngvar the Singer.

Since the first time you walk by him he says "Outsiders, pfft".

So I tried to kill him as well, but he just gets fucking downed. I tried setting him unessential via console to but it didn't work. 

So I'm thinking, mod conflicts. I think some mod I may have uninstalled is doing this to me. I already tried checking sneak tools nexus page for mod conflict list but there is none. 

So the question is, what is possibly ruining my Skyrim experience?

Does anyone who's had this problem before know the solution?

Any help would be deeply appreciated so I can go back to ridding Skyrim of assholes :)

Not sure if it works about people who are essential by default.  

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23614/?  No More Redshirts- make Npcs Essential, it uses a BAT file to set essential all or set unessential. Maybe you have this installed and forgot?( The Bat file is on skyrim folder not Data)

Something you could try is to install EFF (follower mod). Has a function to make someone essential or unessential, not sure but i think it works on vanilla actors too.

With Redshirts, i usually make all essential, then when i wanna kill someone, i use all unessential, kill him then all essential again.

No I have no mod that makes NPc's essential but I decided to go ahead and try and use two mods that make all NPC's unessential and it didn't work. The same thing is happening to my friend and we can't find any solution.

Edit: I just tried disabling all mods except that one and it worked. Now that I know for sure it's a mod, I have to go through every single mod.

Guest Ragna_Rok

most likely one that raises your difficulty. got any super-hyper-killer-monster mods goin on?

ive heard before that certain mods that are made with the intention to make fights harder (like give more hp to dragons n other stuff) set lots of stuff essential to prevent a single dragon from whiping out a whole village without you even noticing it.

Archived