Need Dedicated Modeling Help for Forever Darkness Armors

Kayin

imprisoned___forever_darkness__ashes_of_

I'm looking for an able-bodied individual who's good at converting armors to UNP (the ORIGINAL UNP...by my good friend dimon) and fixing little issues such as clipping armor pieces with NifSkope armor mashing.  I fix most of the glaring issues with alpha transparencies, but for a better product I think the armors will just need to be cut and molded in a 3D program. I've had help off an on, but I've had more then a few people either take way too long, or just simply disappear.  Anyone that knows about the project, knows that it has been delayed enough.  I want to get the ball rolling on finalizing the armors, so I can meet my Spring 2014 target release date.

This would involve help for both parts of the mod, so the initial focus will be on Ashes of Eris, and her various outfits.  She currently has three:  a dress, a light armor, and a heavy armor.  Here's some samples of the work so far... (all armor titles are a WIP)

Heavy Armor: (War Armor of Darkness)

early_mesh_edits_for_eris_s_heavy_armor_

This is an image of progress being made on refitting the Demon Hunter armor to true UNP with symmetric shoulder pieces.  I'm planning on giving it a brand new texture, and mixing it with some other pieces that I already have in mind.  I really can't do anything until I have this armor fitting UNP correctly.  So this is the one that needs the most work.

Medium Armor: (Predator Armor of Chaos)

vampire_vae_sneaking_by_kayinvanderkill-

ashes_of_eris___light_armor_front_wip_de

ashes_of_eris___light_armor_front_wip_by

ashes_of_eris___light_armor_back_wip_by_

ashes_of_eris_light_armor_detail_1_by_ka

The Predator Armor is nearly complete, it just has some clipping issues that need to be fixed.  The corset is also using an alpha transparency that would look better if it was actually cut and assembled in a 3D program.  The alphas are fine for me, but I know some people have issues with them with certain lightings and ENBs.  It's not a deal breaker.  The clipping though...needs fixing.

Dress Armor: (Robes of the Vampire Queen)

1717900-1376587024.jpg

This may end up a separate mod, but right now the issue here again is a body type conflict.  Urshi converted the original UNP Fiona outfit to something non-UNP, but I really like the bust size and it's over all form.  The original Fiona outfit uses UNP, but the max slider body size had a HUGE bust that wasn't nearly as appealing as this one.  So I need a UNP conversion that closely resembles what Urshi did with his...and actually has LEGS (there are no legs under that skirt.)

I should also note that I'm not supporting weight sliders early on, all my armors are mixed together on the max size mesh (the mesh that always has a 1 at the end.)  I'm fine with this changing later on, but it's not needed for the initial release, and would only add more work and time. 

I'm aiming to get all armor designs finalized by the end of February.

So that's my target timeline, it may go longer, but I really want to get this done.  I want to get this project out and let people enjoy all the hard work that's going into it.

That being said, this mod will be released at the Nexus.  I'll be posting a thread here that links to the release over there, but other parties that are allowing me to use and mix their work want it kept there and only there.  Anyone that helps out with this and gets the armor in early forms will be expected not to release it anywhere on their own.  Seriously, that could get my permissions screwed up something royal.  I'll be more then happy to shower you with praise in the release page, and all involved parties with my mod will get more then just a thank you at the bottom of the description in plain white text (I actually plan on putting the contributors at the top, before going into the details of the mod.)

Please message me if anyone is interested, and I look forward to welcoming you to the team!

- Kayin

• 4 months later...

Silly thought.

Use Outfit Studio and its sliders to adjust the armor and remove clipping?

Its kinda simple, really.

First find the body type that the armor match's in OS (UNP, UNPB, 7base, cbbe, hdt, etc).

Do a convert from that body type to cbbe (call it x for now)

Then switch from (x to cbbe) to cbbe advanced (reference setting)

Once on CBBE advanced the multitude of sliders will become available.

Conform to all sliders and start adjusting (waist, hips, breasts, etc).

Then set base shape (note you may need to do adjustments multiple times to get it where you want it).

Once the clipping issue is resolved then switch the reference setting over to "Convert cbbe to unp"

Do a conform to all sliders again, then flip the slide from 0 (cbbe) to 100 (UNP) and double check to make sure there is no clipping in the UNP setting.

If the clipping is resolved then set base shape and save your nif file...

Now you have your UNP armors with no loss of poly's conformed correctly to the UNP body.

And you can even create a body slide/outfit studio set so that people can use the armors with what ever body type they use.

You can also add BBP, TBBP, or HDT with different add on's for BS2/OS. This is done by copy bone weight from the reference to the armor.

I've had some luck with HDT (and some disasters). TBBP seems to copy over easier for me... but anyhow....

And yes Outfit studio is the poor man's 3d editor and no it currently doesn't do hand of feet well, but it can fix most of, if not all of the torso issue's (if you know what you are doing).

Just a thought.

Archived