Eye Glitch: I just found an interesting breakthrough posted on Nexus...

XunAmarox

Everyone knows of the glitch where when your character goes transparent like using the invisibility spell or using the Shadow Warrior perk your eyes turn black and look all wonky, like so:

yNPsGuL.jpg

I've always just used this fix for them which changes the shaders spells use for invisibility and all that stuff, and also adds chameleon. It's a good compromise.

But I just saw this fix posted on Nexus which only changes the eye nifs and the author explains in Japanese how they did it. If you just want the fix and aren't using any custom eyes then grab their fix and be done with it and you don't need to worry about workarounds. Otherwise, here's a some proper instructions in English on how to fix it (I ran the Japanese on their mod page through Google translate for a machine translation then just put it into my own words):

Open your eyesfemale.nif (or the other one you want to change), expand it to the the NiTriShape and click the BSLightingShaderProperty. Down in the Block Details panel below double click Shader Flags 1 and a drop down box with check boxes appears, uncheck SLSF1_Eye_Environment_Mapping and check SLSF1_Environment_Mapping then save. After that, the eye glitch where your eyes get all wonky when you go invisible/transparent will no longer happen.

This is mostly for people that use custom eye meshes like longer lashes or different vampire eyes, that way you can fix them yourself and don't have to worry about having additional mods for fixing it.

This is what i have been using for sometime now and it seems to do the trick http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23916/?

oh thanks corespore!

but did you happen to know why i can't locate that eyesfemale.nif?

Most likely because you don't have it extracted from your "Skyrim - Meshes.bsa", or have any mods that replace that particular .nif file. Alternately, you can install the .nif files from the mod XunAmarox posted above--that should have all the related vanilla meshes with the necessary shader tag changes.

Thanks for the link XunAmarox! I was looking for a non-.esp/script fix for that and this works perfectly. I had also coupled it in with HN66's Long Eye Lashes too, applying the necessary changes as you instructed for all the .nif files, and it functions as it should.

Archived