[REQ] Latex texture look for Hotpants Bikini

Treestump

I've been trying to convert Tsuke's Hotpants Bikini mod to a more latex looking texture, but I"m a complete n00b at NifSkope and the structure of armors.  I've looked over forum posts, tutorials, and guides on NifSkope editing and meshes, but nothing I've done has made the jacket look like anything other than flat black matte.

The tutorial over at http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/3656-skyrim-dissecting-skyrim-meshes/ helped a lot in understanding the settings in NiTriShapeData.  So in my last attempt, I tried basing changes I was making on lostdaywalker's latex studded leather armor.  I copied the settings he had in BSLightingShaderProperties, and made a dds file in photoshop (using the NVidia plugin) for the third texture he has (grey.dds) using the size and shape of Tsuke's jacket.dds.

I wasn't entirely sure what settings to use for the dds, but based on forum posts I've read, I made it a 2d texture using DXT3.  I then placed them in the same places in the texture tree that lostdaywalker put his grey.dds.  I named it jackegrey.dds to not trip up on any other naming conventions.

I made these changes to both NiTriShapes for jacket_0.nif and jacket_1.nif.  I also tried messing around with glossiness, but so far nothing is making any kind of change whatsoever.  If anyone has a keen idea of what I'm doing wrong, or if they can make the conversion themselves, I'd be eternally grateful.

I'm not sure if this violates any etiquette rules, but I'm attaching the mod I'm trying to convert.  If this breaks any rules or is insulting to anyone, I'll take it down.  I apologize in advance for being such a n00b.

Hotpantsbikini+for+UNPB+TBBP.7z

Is pretty easy to do - take a look at the nif attached in the link below  - you don't actually need any textures outside of those provided by vanilla Skyrim if you want a basic rubbery sheen.

Just play with the BSLightingShaderProperty and the BSShaderTextureSet as shown in the pics below - add some extra bells and whistles and you get the 3rd pic :)

f2793d302131993.jpg d864ba302131996.jpg b7bd0c302131999.jpg

Latex Body Example

Hope that helps.

Hmm, still no luck.  Tried copying everything from the BSLightingShaerProperty and double checked the BSShaderTextureSet.  One thing I noticed is that for some reason there's only four dds files in my Data/textures/cubemaps/ folder.  (bloodfree_e.dds, bloodfree_y.dds, bloodfreered.dds, and eyecubemap.dds).  Are those files missing from my install, or is that stuff taken care of by the game's bsa?

Yup, did that from before and double checked to make sure that was enabled.  I realized that I hadn't removed the jacketgrey.dds file that I made earlier and did so now.  Still nothing.  I'm putting up what my settings look like.  I made these changes for both Jacket_0.nif and Jacket_1.nif.  Does that make any difference?  Would one interfere with the other?

It also occurs to me that with all of the changes I've tried, I've never really noticed any difference with the jacket in game.  It might just be that it's such a straight black item that smaller changes might be hard to notice, but is it possible that something in the base shape's settings is interfering with any changes I make in BSLightingShaderProperties?

post-118241-0-12497300-1390064586_thumb.png

post-118241-0-96993400-1390064593_thumb.png

The reason I suspect it is not working is because you never bothered to change the textures to what I showed you, but continue to use both the jacket and _n files rather than black.dds and defaultwithspec_n.dds

The _0 and _1 versions are just the minimum size and maximum size of the item respectively if you want the weight to slide (i.e. get bigger the more weight the character has) - both should be identical in terms of shaders.

Oh, I misunderstood.  I though those were placeholder textures or textures for some other item you had.  I didn't realize that those were referring to base textures I should be using (I assumed the base textures needed to be sized to a specific shape/form).  Everything works perfectly now :)

So that base texture can be used on everything regardless of shape and size?  That's so awesome!  Thank you so much Turbosnowy!  That opens up so many possibilities :)

Yes it opens up a new world of rubbery goodness, so after all my help I expect to see some nice rubbery mods from you posted here for me to download and enjoy in the future :)

Glad you cracked it, and have fun with the modding - fun is what it is all about after all :D

Btw - feel free to play with the settings I gave for the BSLightingShaderProperties.  Have a play around with the Glossines, Env Map Scale, Emissive Multiple etc and you can get some really cool looks.  If you want to change the black to another colour just find a colour you want, create a dds file (eg: red/violet whatever) and point to that instead in the textures.

Archived