XLovers Daedra Seed (XLDS) 1.1.31 - 2014-07-25

This sounds pretty interesting, but sounds like it will require the Monster Girl mod for the resources, so anyone who wants to use this would need MG, and given the themes of that mod one can understand why some people might be reluctant to install it.

Or they could simply pull the assets out of it and use them as they see fit.  The assets in question aren't owned by anyone, and aren't native to LL in the first place.  At this point, I doube anyone could actually figure out who originally created them since the sites where they came from 5ish or so years ago have long since disappeared.

This sounds pretty interesting, but sounds like it will require the Monster Girl mod for the resources, so anyone who wants to use this would need MG, and given the themes of that mod one can understand why some people might be reluctant to install it.

Or they could simply pull the assets out of it and use them as they see fit.  The assets in question aren't owned by anyone, and aren't native to LL in the first place.  At this point, I doube anyone could actually figure out who originally created them since the sites where they came from 5ish or so years ago have long since disappeared.

Fair enough.  I'll admit I know little enough about modding, all I know is people so often leave a message at the bottom of their mod description saying whether or not others can use their mod or resources.  I'm sure it's probably the flimsiest legal argument in history, but still, from what I understood of modding, I figured using the only mod I knew those resources from was the go to solution.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.  I'm learning a good amount about oblivion modding from this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just posted an update (1.1.15) with a fix for friendly Daedra. They have sex with seeded characters now when close by. The functionality is very basic right now, but better than being ignored completely by them. I want to expand on this functionality but it will take some time. I want Daedra to give some warning that they are about to "attack", and have Dremora initiate a conversation in which the player could refuse (or try to) as well as NPC's. Please give the current version a try and let me know if you run into any issues. Enjoy!

Hi!

Downloaded 1.1.15, thanks; report will be not earlier than monday morning. Would you look at alternative egg texture (xlds_reTx.rar) i use in my game? Source was taken somewhere as free (iirc), just now i failed to find via google-images and tineye, 0 results (i did not change source pic, only made bump texture).

EDIT: oops, i forgot to add egg.nif with uv-map edited properly. In raw substitute it has awful seams and mismatches. ED2: just remade it (in haste) xldsEgg_2.nif

(maybe it's obvious, but i use that "Like"\"Rep" button when i have no more to say, just as "roger!" response. Nevertheless i like this mod.)

I'd like to try this mod because I have recently dumped SD, but I'd like to know exactly what the requirements are and some clearer installation instructions.

I am pretty familiar with most of the mods here but the "Required Mods" section on this topic is another language to me.

I'd like to try this mod because I have recently dumped SD, but I'd like to know exactly what the requirements are and some clearer installation instructions.

I am pretty familiar with most of the mods here but the "Required Mods" section on this topic is another language to me.

Hi LordZulten, I reread that section, and it sure does need to be straightened out. I will try to fix it this weekend

Hi!

Downloaded 1.1.15, thanks; report will be not earlier than monday morning. Would you look at alternative egg texture (attachicon.gifxlds_reTx.rar) i use in my game? Source was taken somewhere as free (iirc), just now i failed to find via google-images and tineye, 0 results (i did not change source pic, only made bump texture).

EDIT: oops, i forgot to add egg.nif with uv-map edited properly. In raw substitute it has awful seams and mismatches. ED2: just remade it (in haste) attachicon.gifxldsEgg_2.nif

(maybe it's obvious, but i use that "Like"\"Rep" button when i have no more to say, just as "roger!" response. Nevertheless i like this mod.)

That's a mighty fine texture. I certainly like the organic look of it. I'm not sure that it's what I want, but I might use it, maybe with some adjustements. :) Thank you very much.

Okay, I put out 1.1.16, with improved friendly Daedra interaction. The dremora will demand sex from you and you can refuse. Daedra will still just start raping you, but will not target you if a Dremora is already doing so. Also, they will need a couple of minutes rest before wanting sex again. With the previous version, a Spider Daedra would have sex, heal, have sex, heal, have sex, and keep going non-stop. This should fix that.

Let me know how it goes. Enjoy!

Okay, I have cleaned up the requirements section. Thanks for bringing it up.

• 2 weeks later...

So I had the game crashing on me after I installed your mod, and found out that it happes when a clannfear runt or a daedroth egg is spawned, and incedently, those two creatures textures were broken premod installation. (big spikes coming out of them) So it wasn't the mods fault, but is there a way I could disable the spawning of the runt and daedroth eggs?

Just got v1.1.17, thanks.

My poor country is drowned in the middle of our own "golden more-than-week" (and i'm so ill :(  ) ,so i will not post any informative at least until may 12.

You are welcome. No worries about not posting any review, I hope you get well soon.

So I had the game crashing on me after I installed your mod, and found out that it happes when a clannfear runt or a daedroth egg is spawned, and incedently, those two creatures textures were broken premod installation. (big spikes coming out of them) So it wasn't the mods fault, but is there a way I could disable the spawning of the runt and daedroth eggs?

Well, if you are set up to use the Construction Set, just load up my mod and change it. Just past line 200 in the XLDSeedMainScript script, there is a short section with a bunch of calls to XLDSAddCreatureToHatcheableCreatureArray. Remove the lines that add CreatureDaedroth, and CreatureScampStunted. If you don't have the Construction Set, you need to fix your models. Let me know what your situation is.

wooo it works! after downloading the CS and doing as you advised, it doesn't crash anymore. but one little question: when you say the growth of the eggs are dependent on willpower and level, do you mean directly or inversely?

wooo it works! after downloading the CS and doing as you advised, it doesn't crash anymore. but one little question: when you say the growth of the eggs are dependent on willpower and level, do you mean directly or inversely?

I am glad that it works.

The formula for getting the chance of hatching eggs is:

5 x (food - level) + 100 / squareroot( Willpower / 10 )

With a willpower of 40, you have a 50% base chance before factoring in the food to level comparison. With a willpower of 90, the base chance drops to 33%.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I am slowing down on development for this mod, and may not get around to developing a quest for it. For those of you that like the furotrap mod, I present to you XLDS v1.1.18. There is a secondary .esp file that when activated, modifies my mod and Furotrap 6.91 to be better integrated. Enjoy!

1.1.18 (2014-06-17)

Better Furotrap integration (xldsFuro.esp):

- Instead of a trap summoning a scamp, it will use up food and generate a random creature (often just a stunted scamp due to having little or no food)

- Makes victim unconscious instead of restrained for better compatibility with Lovers

- New 5 and 10 second options for event speed in the Furotrap settings menu

- Fatigue draining effect of Daedra eggs' spell cancelled if target is furotrapped

Hi!

Eventualy, "ward statue" remains the single mean against random seeding.. and my char seems too unlucky so often found one of her followers become seeded (without any contact with seeded\daedra actors) too late -- just after he  seeded (green glow! :-/) another important person..

Could you please find a moment to re-think idea of a token PC could [buy from vanila magic item trader and] give to her followers (simple getItemCount check), or\and ,may be, some protection spell with abt. one day duration, for those npc which inventory is unaccessible? Also could be good to have setting ("RadiusOfSafety") which turns off npc's random seeding if condition (R > npc.getDistance Player) is true.

I can (and, possibly, will) add all named features to my copy of XLDS, so please treat this post just as "suggestion for improvement".

Best regards.

Hi!

Eventualy, "ward statue" remains the single mean against random seeding.. and my char seems too unlucky so often found one of her followers become seeded (without any contact with seeded\daedra actors) too late -- just after he seeded (green glow! :-/) another important person..

Could you please find a moment to re-think idea of a token PC could [buy from vanila magic item trader and] give to her followers (simple getItemCount check), or\and ,may be, some protection spell with abt. one day duration, for those npc which inventory is unaccessible? Also could be good to have setting ("RadiusOfSafety") which turns off npc's random seeding if condition (R > npc.getDistance Player) is true.

I can (and, possibly, will) add all named features to my copy of XLDS, so please treat this post just as "suggestion for improvement".

Best regards.

Hi emo877,

Ah, thank you for pointing this out. This is a flaw with my design. I will do 2 things. Make anyone in the PlayerFaction immune to random seeding, which should cover most followers. And make a deadra ward charm that can sit in someone's inventory and make them immune.

Please let me know if my mod causes any other problems. I might get to this later tonight, but if not then on the weekend sometime.

Edit: posted v1.1.19:

1.1.19 (2014-06-18)

- Fixed some divide-by-zero bugs in the Random Seeder that was causing it to stop working.

- Created a Daedra Ward item that is sold at the mystic emporium (and occasionally elsewhere) in the IC market district. Give one to a NPC to protect them from being randomly seeded.

- NPC's that belong to the Player Faction will no longer be randomly seeded.

I'm having a bit of an issue regarding the eggs. Their spell, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to ever actually hit its target. The eggs glow red and make a noise as though casting a spell but no projectile actually comes out and there is no effect from it, even at point blank. It's the same regardless of whether I have furotrap and xldsFuro activated. Luckily the eggs are durable enough to stand a fighting chance against most commoners until they hatch, but it would still be nice if they could use their spells. Any suggestions to what I might have done wrong?

I'm having a bit of an issue regarding the eggs. Their spell, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to ever actually hit its target. The eggs glow red and make a noise as though casting a spell but no projectile actually comes out and there is no effect from it, even at point blank. It's the same regardless of whether I have furotrap and xldsFuro activated. Luckily the eggs are durable enough to stand a fighting chance against most commoners until they hatch, but it would still be nice if they could use their spells. Any suggestions to what I might have done wrong?

If you have any mods that modify spell effects, it's possible that the projectile effect it uses has been renamed or removed. If you want to send me your mod list and load order, I can take a look.

I also happen to have the spell effect issues listed above me, not just with this mod, but a few other mods that add custom spell effects.

And I also have OOO. I guess that must be it.

Anyway, I have a question.

How is upgrading done with this mod? Clean save needed? Or should I just unseed my character and replace the files (ESP, sounds, etc)?

Posted version 1.1.21

Mythic Dawn members will provide a more interesting challenge now. It may be too much of a challenge. Please let me know, as I can easily change things.

The big change is the Enhanced Messaging feature. It works well if you install MenuQue first. Please read it's section in the mod description, test it out, and let me know if you like it. I will likely separate it into it's own mod later on.

The chance of being or spreading infection has been altered again. Basically you have a 50% chance of being infected when the level of Daedra or seed is equal to (your wilpower divided by 20) squared. The chance never drops below 0 or goes higher than 100.

Change Log

1.1.21 (2014-06-30)

-gave Mythic Dawn members the Furotrap spell and they get Daedra seed at all times.

-altered the chance of being seeded when having sex again. I had to use a graphing calculator to get it just right, but am now happy with it.

-Implemented a new Enhanced Messages feature. See the Enhanced Messages Feature section in the mod description for details.

99% sure it's oscuro's, as it fucks with the spell effects for the sake of balance and I don't have anything else that messes with them.

Oh well. At least other than that it seems to be fully functional

I haven't fixed this yet as all of my time was spent getting the enhanced messages working, but will try this weekto get it done. Oscuro's looks interesting. I might have to make it standard in my setup.

I also happen to have the spell effect issues listed above me, not just with this mod, but a few other mods that add custom spell effects.

And I also have OOO. I guess that must be it.

Anyway, I have a question.

How is upgrading done with this mod? Clean save needed? Or should I just unseed my character and replace the files (ESP, sounds, etc)?

No clean save required between most versions. I will put it in the changelog if there ever is. You can do a clean save to reset the mod, but only if you want to reset it.

I see this mod wreak havoc a lot. Is there way to limit random seeding? Or limit the chance of egg/deadra hatching in crowded areas?

Yes, if you have furotrap, make sure you use the config spell for that to make it a bit weaker. Also, use the XLDS admin spell, and in the configuration setting, you can increase the time between random seedings. I might put in some more settings. Also, you can use the admin spell To spawn Daedra ward statues in specific areas to reduce random seeding chances there.

Glad to hear that my mod is wreaking havok in any case. ;)

>> Glad to hear that my mod is wreaking havok in any case.

Hi!  i have some new "how about..":

- make time when egg-layed person lays unconscious** adjustable within range from 0 to "all eggs hatched" (** but could be envolved in sex); in purpose of better chance for daedra spawn instead of "wasting material" (i see too often when egg-layer stands up quickly and destroys all eggs around, even barehanded).

- enable npc-autofeeding toggleable\configurable (from "fully automatic" to "never autofeed", with intermediate probabilities, maybe, depending on player's proximity); short example -- my char leaves Skingrad and meets a legion soldier slowly patroling road (horseriding**); next second legioner glows green and while pc is running by, console says about "legioner is randomly seeded", "Remove hunger for <legioner> stage 1", "Remove hunger for <legioner> stage 2" - with no delay.. so my char thinks, "in such way this guy gonna spawn eggs without feed(=sex) at all.. despite of %me% and other travelers walking the same road"..

** humorous addition - what if arousal madness (in case of realy desert road?) could push poor soldier to lay down under his stud? :lol:   EDIT - that was just sickjoke, sorry.