Looking to Expand on Body Art for Characters

Aethyri

Edit: At the bottom of this post will be a list with links to the various mods shown.

So lately I've been looking to expand options for character body art. I'm not coming across many areas promising in the subject, and thought I would check in here to see if anybody had some good suggestions on where to look or some good mods for the stuff.

Specifically, mods with Race Menu are of course preferred due to the ability to generate the designs over multiple types of Characters, though if quality is found, other options are viable such as manual install and overwrite, though I would use that as a last measure.

Out of my personal opinion a good mod would entail the following.

-Tattoos do not look like scribble.

-Tattoos do not contain real life objects. (Guns, motorcycles, cars, etc...)

-Tattoos have some level of believable immersion.

-Tattoos have compatibility or versions for CBBE and UNP.

My own personal search is for arms and shoulders (aka sleeves), torso (front and back), and leg.

Facial tattoos as well, but as far as I've seen, I can't seem to locate any form of decent mod for these so I've resigned myself to warpaints. My characters also use some little sporadic body designs, but they for the most part seem thrown on at random which I can never bring myself to be satisfied with.

-----

The Known Mod List

~Tattoos~

The Coenaculi Race Menu Plugin by Desufire

THEHAGs Privat Tattoos by THEHAG

~Warpaints~

~Other Body Modifications~

RaceMenu Overlay Compilation by TheOniNinja

May I suggest Privat Tattoos by THEHAG? 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30404/?

I'm pretty sure he made a mistake spelling the title and just rolled with it. Oh well, grammar and spelling mistakes are forgivable when English is a second language :)

I've been a fan of these. The tattoos in the more intimate locations are optional, and the more visible ones are subtle and lore-friendly (or what I consider is lore-friendly).

There is a UNPB version for folks who click and like it. I linked CBBE version for OP's convenience. Beyond that and I'm in the same rut as you Aethyri. Not a whole lot of good stuff for the same reasons you mentioned.

May I suggest Privat Tattoos by THEHAG? 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30404/?

I'm pretty sure he made a mistake spelling the title and just rolled with it. Oh well, grammar and spelling mistakes are forgivable when English is a second language :)

I've been a fan of these. The tattoos in the more intimate locations are optional, and the more visible ones are subtle and lore-friendly (or what I consider is lore-friendly).

There is a UNPB version for folks who click and like it. I linked CBBE version for OP's convenience. Beyond that and I'm in the same rut as you Aethyri. Not a whole lot of good stuff for the same reasons you mentioned.

I actually already use these, and they are a great set. The design is quite good.

The problem is that sporadic thing I had mentioned earlier, and they don't have a full body effect, just little bits and places. That and the intimate area tattoos are very limited. I'm not looking for or expecting alot there, but really there are four or five design schemes in Thehag's pack, and they don't work very well with each other with overlap/blend.

Not to say I don't use a few of them though. For instance, the Orcish and Elvish belly tattoo have an interesting design when put together.

I wanted to make a mod for RaceMenu that would add warpaints, tattoos and moles (body and face). I'm mainly looking for suggestions and ideas what you guys/gals would want.

So if you have an idea of what kind of tattoo/warpaint you'd like to see (tribal, indian, aboriginal, mayan, etc.) let me know. Images preferred. If there's enough interest, I'll open a thread so we can have all of it in one place. Down the line I'd also post a tutorial on how to make your own tatts/warpaints.

Archived