Help needed, please! How can I change UNPB BBP or TBBP into simple UNPB?

enya

It may surprise some, but I do not like that bouncing, jiggling stuff at all. But some beautiful armors contain this BBP or TBBP addon(?). Is there any possibility to remove BBP and TBBP from an outfit so that it will work fine with simple UNPB?

Could someone be so nice to explain this to a complete noob like me?

The easiest way is not to use animations that use BBP. Or not to use armors that have BBP.

If the animations/armor you use do not have BBP -> you won't have the effect at all but your game will be stable (no conflicts)

Basically you require 3 things for BBP:

-skeleton

-armor or body with breast bones

-animation with bounce

if you do not have a proper skeleton  -> game will crash

animation without bouncing -> no problem

no breast bones on armor/body -> no problem

HDT physics system doesn't count, it works differently and doesn't need animations, so you'll have to drop HDT if you use that.

Otherwise you'll need to readjust armors with Outfit Studio -> import unpb weight profiles and recopy bone weights for _0 and _1,

Or 3DSMax/Blender (more precise, but slower process) -> remove the weight paint from breast bones, or re-skin to a non-bbp unpb body. in most cases you don't need to manually make a _0 or _1 armor yourself just import the one working already and re-skin the armor to base unpb. Or simply remove the paint from both body and armor on the breast bones (kinda pointless because the first method is faster)

few custom weight painted armors and high vertex count armors exist that require a lot of work before you can actually do this process because exporting simply doesn't work- I've been looking into this myself, my guess is that blender works the best for these...

removing breast bones in nifskope does not work as far as i know, because the painted area on the body/armors remain and are linked to the bone which is not existant -> game will crash.

If I'm wrong someone will correct me, no doubt.

Basically you require 3 things for BBP:

-skeleton

-armor or body with breast bones

-animation with bounce

if you do not have a proper skeleton  -> game will crash

animation without bouncing -> no problem

no breast bones on armor/body -> no problem

If I'm wrong someone will correct me, no doubt.

4 Things

-Skeleton_female.hkx

If you don't have a skeleton.hkx with the breast/butt bones listed the bones will not be animated.

:)

~snip

Admittedly, I don't know much about skeletons. XPMS suits me fine and that's where my needs end. :)

So editing this file to remove data for breast(and butt) bones would be the best solution then ~ you'd be able to use any armor/animation.

Maybe someone will shed some light about editing .hkx files. I wonder how difficult it might be.

The easiest way is to just delete your skeleton_female.hkx file. Your game won't crash or anything, your T/BBP mods just won't jiggle anymore which seems to be the goal.

Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\skeleton_female.hkx

I feel ya though. I wouldn't mind some of the loose clothing jiggling but people keep putting the shit on stuff that is like solid steel plates and such and it drives me crazy.

edit: Also, deleting bones is a bad idea. You can end up with unweighted verticles and at best you'd have exploding meshes. At worst, you'd instantly CTD.

It isn't so easy like that. Made custom followers that use their own race. My main char use UNP, my followers work with different bodies (DreamGirl, UNPetite etc.). Created my Bosmer-Khajiit-Hybrid for UNPB. Found great pieces of various armors for a perfect thief mashup. But all pieces were UNPB BBP or TBBC. Tried to change her skeleton and the female.hkx file. She didn't crash anymore ingame but freezed...

11733011073_77c8e20169_n.jpg

I'll change the breast and butt bones now.

Thank you guys! Will remove the breast and butt bones from the armors. Hope that it will work then for simple UNPB ...

Not the bones! The weighting.

I think with OS you can do this the fastest way:

Make a new project using WeightSlider.xml sliderset, import your armor_1, delete the body that comes with it, make a copy of the base UNPB and copy bone weights. Export and repeat the same process with armor_0 (Instead of doing a manual _0 conversion using the sliders.) pretty sure if the armor itself is unadjusted, you can just copy weights to the original armor, much like in 3DSMax.

While i'm not very experienced with OS (I prefer 3DSmax, because of the precision) I think this method will work because you're not adjusting any vertices.

Just out of curiosity - what armor are you trying to change? Might give it a shot myself.

Thank you guys! Will remove the breast and butt bones from the armors. Hope that it will work then for simple UNPB ...

Not the bones! The weighting.

I think with OS you can do this the fastest way:

Make a new project using WeightSlider.xml sliderset, import your armor_1, delete the body that comes with it, make a copy of the base UNPB and copy bone weights. Export and repeat the same process with armor_0 (Instead of doing a manual _0 conversion using the sliders.) pretty sure if the armor itself is unadjusted, you can just copy weights to the original armor, much like in 3DSMax.

While i'm not very experienced with OS (I prefer 3DSmax, because of the precision) I think this method will work because you're not adjusting any vertices.

Just out of curiosity - what armor are you trying to change? Might give it a shot myself.

Oh, it will be a mashup of Huntress - UNPB BBP (bra), Hotpantsbikini UNPB TBBP (jacket), Dungeon Explorer (shorts, belt), Leather Thief Armor - UNPB BBP (parts of gloves and legs), Catwoman Suit (just collar from headwear) and some short boots. Still working on the retexture...

Don't like too skimpy outfit much... My girls are usually well "dressed". But spend a lot of time into my followers skin retexture. Want that you can see that she's a real hybrid.

The mashup works fine without BBP or TBBP now!

11978288354_1ecb14f116_n.jpg

11977878555_5cf0c3d85e_n.jpg

Thank you very much for your help!

Looks great. But I'd still call that pretty darned skimpy. ;)

She isn't naked, she wears Chanel No. 5... Lol, worked on the damn skin textures some WEEKS!!! So I want that you see them now...

• 4 months later...

It isn't so easy like that. Made custom followers that use their own race. My main char use UNP, my followers work with different bodies (DreamGirl, UNPetite etc.). Created my Bosmer-Khajiit-Hybrid for UNPB. Found great pieces of various armors for a perfect thief mashup. But all pieces were UNPB BBP or TBBC. Tried to change her skeleton and the female.hkx file. She didn't crash anymore ingame but freezed...

How did you make this character, just wondering really ;). She does look quite good.

How did you make this character, just wondering really ;). She does look quite good.

What race she is, she's beautiful ! ;)

Archived