Weird Armor Bug with SoS and Frostfall

pikeblodd

Recently I installed SoS into my Skyrim, I had been using Frostfall for quite some time and usually play with the W.E.A.R option enabled whereby Frostfall gives a 'warm' value to all your armor.  After loading up SoS and starting a new game I began noticing a weird bug with my character and later with male NPC's as well.  I've googled around with no result and wanted to hit you guys up and see if anyone has seen this before, knows how to fix it, or what specifically is causing it.  I've attached an image with a Whiterun guard having the issue, you can see the 'sleeves' under his armor.  If you are wearing the bandit fur 'kilt' armor the whole chest is covered with what looks like a knitted black and red shirt and by jebus I really want it to go away!post-132161-0-84170300-1388904906_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have the EXACT same problem / bug.  No Frostfall installed here however.  The only thing I've done with male textures / meshes, etc... is install the XP32 Maximum Skeleton.  I did add the compatibility patch for SOS & XP32's skeleton also. 

I've done completely clean installs twice trying to fix this bug.  Nothing else from LoversLab installed at the moment btw while I try to fix this.

Addenda: I also tried reinstalling SOS so that it would overwrite the XP32 Skeleton.  It moved the weapons back to the vanilla positions but the "Fur Shirt" bug remained.

• 1 month later...

OK...

After more chasing, I found the ultimate cause of this bug; EEBKAC

I had the Schlongs of Skyrim.esm file loading before the Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm file.  Once I caught the error using Wyre Bash to check dependencies I never had the problem again.

*facepalm*

Sort of a natural mistake though, most mods have their master file as just the name of the mod, and any extras follow that file.

I'd also recommend people use the Skyrim Startup Memory Extender from the Nexus.  It cleared up a lot of little similar graphics glitches for me

Archived