Racemenu and ECE compatibility

icladel

I've been using ece since it came out and as the current version stands, I'm pretty happy with its functionality (1.05). I think ece is the most versatile when our congress to making a character face. However racemenu has features not available on ece.

I've been doing some reading on these two mods. They are not compatible but I have seen people mention vaguely that racemenu has the capability to use sliders from ece.

I've had trouble getting solid information on racemenu incorporating ece sliders. Has anyone done this before? Also, both the mod pages do not provide info and support for each other's mods.

Any info on load order, installation process, steps..etc would be great. Most importantly is that ece's additional face sliders are still useable.

Cheers

Well theoretically they are compatible but there are issues. Like if you create your character and change height. save your game and restart skyrim your height is no longer what you first created when using character menu.

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Sometimes, the info for the bodies saves and loads correctly, and sometimes it doesn't, specifically the height and body sliders for ece. Even the sliders for racemenu (for the body) will reset randomly, and I've had to uninstall some sliders because there's some overlap between the mods. Also your face will reset.

It's really unfortunate, because they're both required to make a really unique character.

As for load order, BOSS runs ece after racemenu but it's a lot further down the order than racemenu, for some weird reason...

Lol, there you go. That's takin' full advantage of the sliders :)

My personal favorite thing of Racemenu + Chargen is the overlay section for dynamically adding tattoos, and of course the save/load facial profiles feature. I like to hop between a couple characters occasionally, so I'll remember a certain aspect of the other save that I'd like on my current character. Rather than loading up the other file just to see my face, I just hop into racemenu and load my saved preset, go "oh yeah!" then swap back to the original face and tweak the nose or the eyebrows or whatever it was I felt like.

So after fiddling around with both ECE and RaceMenu+CharGen, I decided to try ECE again. I did a clean save, removed both mods and reinstalled ECE.

To my surprise, my ECE presets were still there after the clean re-install...

Im just wondering, where are these presets stored? Are they in a separate file? I thought the re-install would have wiped out my character saves...

The CME saves are stored in the documents folder: ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\CME_save (where your Skyrim savegames are located too).

If I remember right the only advantage of Racemenu is to combine several warpaints and the plugin for bodypaints. 

I use ECE because it comes with a custom race with separated textures which I can edit to have multiple warpaints/bodypaints. 

The scripts of Racemenu could be used as a base for a dynamic dirt system(like blood decals, just with dirt) but it seems nobody wants to code the necessary script events...

The CME saves are stored in the documents folder: ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\CME_save (where your Skyrim savegames are located too).

If I remember right the only advantage of Racemenu is to combine several warpaints and the plugin for bodypaints. 

I use ECE because it comes with a custom race with separated textures which I can edit to have multiple warpaints/bodypaints. 

The scripts of Racemenu could be used as a base for a dynamic dirt system(like blood decals, just with dirt) but it seems nobody wants to code the necessary script events...

Ahh ok Thanks for this.

Yea I tried Racemenu and CharGens but the tweaking was just too time consuming. What takes 5 minutes in ECE I couldnt even get right using RM+CG.... Also, some of the morphs are horrible and just difficult to change.

Saved my ECE character mesh and installed Racemenu with a bunch of body paints/tattoos. Works fine like that :D

Archived