Question about the PlayerRef property

I have a question about the property PlayerRef. From what I understand about it, the Creation Kit autofills in the value for this property when you select it. However, when I was testing a script I have been working on, I found out that while I was in the prison cell from alternate start: live another life, the value for playerRef was set to NONE. Does anybody know why this happens? Outside of that cell in particular, it seems to work just fine.

Best guess would be because Skyrim hasn't started properly yet, not sure how Alternate Start was coded (even though I use it all the time) but as it interrupts the start of the game it could be that PlayerRef isn't initialised yet, would be interesting to see if it is initialised on the wagon ride at the start of a none Alternate Start game, it could well be that because your character has not been created yet it isn't, and as Alternate Start interupts the default start sequence it would make sense that it doesn't initialise until you leave the prison cell.

Archived