Why shouldn't you merge house mod/small dungeon plug ins?

xartom

I remember reading somewhere you shouldn't merge a bunch of small house/small dungeon plugins in tesgecko for some reason.  Was wondering why exactly aside from 'cuz I said so' especially when the plugins don't have any comparable areas shared in game or tes4edit.

Not sure, but wouldn't merging plugins make it extremely difficult to troubleshoot or patch your game should you discover one of them ends up having some pretty serious bugs or compatibility issues down the road? I've never really heard anyone advise merging plugins except as a work-around solution to Skyrim's supposed 250'ish mod limit.

Basically , there's a limit in Oblivion for how many mods you can load (255, IIRC), so merging "small" mods like these will save up loading space, and make it less troublesome to organize the loading order. 

Before doing that though, make sure not to merge conflciting mods. The same can be done for cosmetic mods such eye and hair add-ons.

it's because those scripts are really experimental and can fuck-up when more complicated mods gets merged. Housemods adds new world spaces nav mesh etc.. these are really hard to have any script build to merge these correctly. And mods with scripts should never be merged at all.

Archived