TTW troubleshoot

Guest endgameaddiction

Guest endgameaddiction

I've finally caved in, downloaded the latest TTW version. Installed it and ran the game.

I've come across a problem towards the start. After erupting out of Catherine, hitting 10 and having a fancy little birthday I have gotten stuck at the point where my father hands me my BB gun. I shoot the three targets and no radroach comes out. I've shot at the targets a bunch more times but nada... I repeated this until I had low BBs.

Started to get a bit annoyed and frustrated at the same time. So I decide to shoot James and Jonas for fun... Then I run upstairs and tcl command through the door and make my way to my birthday party and decide to shoot everyone... Can't lie it was fun... took a bit of frustration off and the people started running for help while Lady Palmer was the only one who put her dukes up and started chasing me... I went back down and tried shooting the three targets once more but nada....

I was wondering if anyone had this problem with TTW before?

I managed to work around it by using a savegame from FNV. Though, it's pretty much at the start of the game sorta... So I had to TCL command my way to the air and travel to freeside. You know... avoid all the dangers because I'm low level.

I did ran above deathclaws and watched them run around in anger for the fun of it. mwahaha suxorz I'm up here! can't get me!

OKay so I made my way to freeside and took the train from the station to the capitol wasteland and it worked.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking it might be because of the custom race I made for FNV and using it for the introduction of FO3.

Custom races are known to break the beginning of FO3, also Vault 112 and the end. There's a fix for FO3 called CREBSOR, dunno if it's been converted for TTW or not. If you know your way around GECK, what you can do is add child and old age entries for the custom race using the child and old age info for a vanilla race closest to your custom race. Otherwise create a vanilla character for the vault, then remake your custom race character when you hit the vault cave door.

Guest carywinton

Hysterical about hovering over DeathClaws, I will have to keep that one in mind for some pure entertainment value. KainsChylde is correct on the Custom Race issue, unfortunately FO3 never got a Race Compatibility Mod , but at least Custom Race Endings Broken Steel (CREBSOR) seems to mostly do the job. It can be found here http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6240/? Other than this and just starting with a standard default race until you reach the "screen door" to the bright side of the world is about all I can think of to try as well.

Guest endgameaddiction

Hysterical about hovering over DeathClaws, I will have to keep that one in mind for some pure entertainment value. KainsChylde is correct on the Custom Race issue, unfortunately FO3 never got a Race Compatibility Mod , but at least Custom Race Endings Broken Steel (CREBSOR) seems to mostly do the job. It can be found here http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6240/? Other than this and just starting with a standard default race until you reach the "screen door" to the bright side of the world is about all I can think of to try as well.

Oh no, I am aware CREBSOR and the custom race glitch. I've been making custom races for a few years now from a tutorial on Nexus to fix the child to adult race problem. I just mean as in using my FNV custom race starting new on the FO3 introduction. I was thinking if there was some sort of issue between those two connections. As to perhaps why it's not letting me continue. As it locks up after receiving the BB gun.

I've decided to just put it to the side. It seems only to work with Fallout New Vegas mods and not FO3. While I haven't fully confirmed this, I've managed to merge only one Fallout 3 mod with FNV.esm. But the most I have tried stay stuck in the loading process in GECK. And I've let them sit there up to 30mins patiently waiting with no success on loading the files. I'll just wait until TTW is in much better state. It's giving me too much problems.

Like having to use an alternate FNV save then console cheat my way to FO3. Arriving in the capitol wasteland and not having the main quest initiated. I have to console through the vault door and go to the Overseers office to initiate the quest. Otherwise if I just walk around in Megaton or any settlement related to the main quest. There is no quest dialog. Only the other interaction dialogues. It's far from completion so I think I'll just wait it out. I just figured this would be the only way I would get back into FNV and finishing some DLCs I didn't and the main quest.

Too much at stake for me right now.

Archived