Having a Texture Problem

jimdandy28

So I really enjoy this retex of Zerofrost's Medusa armor (http://blackelf-skyrim-en.blogspot.com/2013/10/lb-medusa-by-zerofrost.html). The file comes with 2 different chest pieces, a remix of the original without the skirt and the original with bare legs. The bare legs are the problem as I am not using Ladybody. I would like to use the inner thigh texture from the remix to fill in the gap, so I copied that texture to its own .dds, and blacked out the rest of the useless textures (like the new plates) but no matter how I rename the texture paths using nifskope they will not work in game. They show up perfectly in nifskope, and I renamed both the _0, _1, and grd models to use it, but It just will not work in game and I am at a loss. Does anyone have something else I can try, or would be willing to take a crack at fixing it, would be great.

Thank you, that was indeed the problem. Took some fiddling with it, especially figuring out how to copy correctly. One of the settings was even making me ctd when I equipped, but I have it working mostly well now. Just the texture appears to be flipped in game, but its minor enough that I am just not going to worry about it at this point. Thanks again!

Archived