Question about Sexlab monsters

MrCasual

I finally got Sexlab to install after some trial and error, mainly doing a clean clean save of my game and all that, and finally tried the monster animations.  I was under the impression that anything with that monsters skeleton, such as, for example, a Daedroth monster using a Werewolf skeleton, and it would work with the sex animations just like the Werewolf would.  But it didn't.  

Is there any reason why it wouldn't work with it?  What all would need to be done to get custom creatures to work with Sexlab creature? I kinda just thought anything with the skeleton would work, because monster mod and SL creature animations have the makings for a good Molag Bal mod for example.

I've wondered the same thing, but I've just sort of guessed that it comes down to keywords in the script or something.  If you use something like the skyrim monster mod, I'd guess the reason those creatures don't share animations would be that the creature itself isn't written into sexlab's scripting.  Same skeleton, but a different ID, so I guess it just wouldn't be recognised by sexlab.  That said, I know nothing about scripting and this is just random speculation, so if I'm just spouting gibberish someone please correct me before I fill this defenseless forum with misinformation.

For what I understand, that's not too far off. Think about it. What would the game use to recognize the behavior of something? It uses what's associated with that specific race/actor/whatever, not the assets of that race. Yes, the animations should be compatible, but the game isn't going to take a shot in the dark and associate by skeleton. For example, take a look in your data folder. The animations for any specific race are there, under /data/meshes/actors/xxxanimal, not in a repository elsewhere the game grabs from for specific skeletons. Aside from that, look through your Papyrus logs, if you have them. The SexLab script uses keywords to perform actions, if I'm to understand correctly, which is how it knows you're having sex with a dog, not a dragon, and thus doesn't try to have the dragon deepthroat you. I don't know enough to know how to reassign animations, so I'm not going to suggest anything. I do know, however, that it wouldn't work with anything that isn't specifically for that race, custom or otherwise, so it'd require coding specifically mentioning that race, not only for the mod, but also for FNIS, as it needs to recognize the added animations.

There's probably more to it than this, though. This is just what I know from my knowledge of programming and how Skyrim animations work.

Daedroth maybe using the same skeleton but if it has been put under a different creature folder then it won't be able to use the werewolf animation. it is a bit difficult to explain. every single creature has it;s own folder if they made a unique folder for Daedroth then it won't be able to identify werewolf animations.

it needs to be fully under werewolf folder to be able to use werewolf animations. but then the system will just thing it is another werewolf and not a Daedroth creature.

I managed to get it to work.  It was actually quite simple!  I made a Werewolf NPC, then gave it the Daedroth arma as a skin.  Holy hell.  This means that basically every creature in monster mod and others can be finagled into the game and diddled, that is, IF they have a skeleton that supports the sex animation.

Is your mind blown yet?  Mine certainly is.  But they still probably need dicks.

Frakin links.

4bf34b0e55fb094e2b2e24b9e76b24425bcf131f

6fee34b27db35dc4ce9ba37594687e78c22af701

419aebdf162899346878236819be76038c51fb6e

385e77460070a95e84c2b8037c9231415b966c40

I finished the mod yesterday afternoon and I've tested it a bit.  Does Loverslab have rules on using models from other mods?  Anyway, the mod is in Beta right now, but I think I'm going to call it "Sexlab and Monsters" or "SLAM" for short.

Soon, hopefully, someone will help me give them penis models as well.  This person offered to help and showed me some screens of some he already made.

Also here's a few more screens:

d1cd2d65d2511ae268d563575607cfe7e010d005

64a9c219b095b03474f04043eacfd120a0e5233a

I finished the mod yesterday afternoon and I've tested it a bit.  Does Loverslab have rules on using models from other mods?  Anyway, the mod is in Beta right now, but I think I'm going to call it "Sexlab and Monsters" or "SLAM" for short.

Soon, hopefully, someone will help me give them penis models as well.  This person offered to help and showed me some screens of some he already made.

Also here's a few more screens:

d1cd2d65d2511ae268d563575607cfe7e010d005

64a9c219b095b03474f04043eacfd120a0e5233a

Nice, can't wait to get my hands on this, regarding using models from other mods, you should probably ask the mod author first to use their models, I remember the guy who made the Immersive bodies mod got pretty mad because people used his models without asking, so specifically stated on his page that you cant use them. usually as long as you give credit to the orignal mod authors they are alright, but it seems to vary.

I'm no lawyer but I think you need the original authors permission to use their stuff (some authors allow anyone to use their models, check on Nexus/whichever site hosts the mod)

I don't think your allowd to use stuff from commercial games (copyright issues, intelectual properties etc.)

All in all you're better to ask for permission

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah, a few of my models were taken from Immersive creatures.  I'm probably not going to release this on Nexus, but would Loverslab have any qualms about me hosting it here?

If so, I might host it elsewhere...

If you get lifestorock's permission i don't see why LL will have any qualms about it.  If he says no wwll i say PM a mod 1st.

• 1 year later...

Archived