SAM Simulator

AKM

Some of us, not to mention any names :dodgy: , have spent interminable hours being shot at in our simulated airplanes by simulated Surface to Air Missile systems and guns.  Some time ago I ran across a simulator that turned the tables on this.  A group of Hungarians that have built a free Surface to Air Missile system game that simulates a number of different Soviet Bloc systems.  Included are the SA 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8, often in several versions each, as well as the ZSU-23-4 Shilka radar guided tracked quad gun system (it's deadly at low altitudes).  Also included are a number of scenarios including B-52s over Hanoi, F-4Es over the Sinai, and the F-117A shoot-down over Belgrade.

Anywho, for those looking for a new game.  But be warned, it is a sim.  As they say: "Realistic to the switch".  It's not easy to get into if it isn't your thing.  I had a tough time of it and have set it aside for now, myself.

https://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/

Enjoy!  (Did I mention it's free?)

Archived