Mod recognition failure

So I have an issue I didn't see mentioned before, but I could be wrong (and if so I apologize) 

I have correctly downloaded SexLab and the recent version of FNIS (4.1)

But for some reason when I download mods, FNIS doesn't register them. It acts like I've downloaded nothing at all. It doesn't even recognize Matchmaker. *sighs*

Currently the only one it recognizes is Defeat, and when I had previously downloaded it the NPCs would knock my character down and then walk away or laugh. So there used to be an animation failure with that as well, but I've recently reinstalled everything after I deleted all the mods and framework and waited a few days for the scripts to settle.

TL;DR my question is how do I get FNIS to register the other mods so I can have those animations?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any suggestions you may have.  

So I have an issue I didn't see mentioned before, but I could be wrong (and if so I apologize) 

But for some reason when I download mods, FNIS doesn't register them. It acts like I've downloaded nothing at all. It doesn't even recognize Matchmaker. *sighs*

Currently the only one it recognizes is Defeat, and when I had previously downloaded it the NPCs would knock my character down and then walk away or laugh. So there used to be an animation failure with that as well, but I've recently reinstalled everything after I deleted all the mods and framework and waited a few days for the scripts to settle.

TL;DR my question is how do I get FNIS to register the other mods so I can have those animations?

How are you instaliing the SexLab framework? If it isn't showing up in FNIS then it isn't seeing the behaviors for SexLab which would mean it isn't installed correctly. If your using NMM it will not install text files by default so it will not transfer all the files for FNIS to read. I'm not really sure what you mean when you keep refering to "I have correctly downloaded..." "when I download mods FNIS doesn't register them" downloading mods from the website does nothing but put the files in your default download location. They need to be unpacked by a program such as 7zip and installed eithier manually or with a mod manager.

How are you instaliing the SexLab framework? If it isn't showing up in FNIS then it isn't seeing the behaviors for SexLab which would mean it isn't installed correctly. If your using NMM it will not install text files by default so it will not transfer all the files for FNIS to read. I'm not really sure what you mean when you keep refering to "I have correctly downloaded..." "when I download mods FNIS doesn't register them" downloading mods from the website does nothing but put the files in your default download location. They need to be unpacked by a program such as 7zip and installed eithier manually or with a mod manager.

I installed the Framework manually and extracted the files to my Data folder with WinRar. That shows up in FNIS just fine, I don't have any problems with the framework itself. Anything that goes with it, such as Submit or Matchmaker I have also opened and extracted to my Data folder to activate with NMM. For some reason FNIS only reads Sexlab, SexlabCreature and Defeat but no other plugins ): It's very strange because Defeat in is in the same exact location as Submit and Matchmaker, but it's the only one FNIS reads as an animation. 

I hope that made more sense 

I think what I'm trying to ask, is where exactly can I put the plugins so that FNIS will read it and the animations will work in SKSE? I have them in the Data folder and FNIS still isn't reading it. 

FNIS does not read all plugins and does not need too it only reads pluggins that has there own animations not ones that pull from the framework. Defeat for example has a few animations of it's own included which is why it is on the list but most of the SexLab mods only pull animations from the framework so they will not show up in the FNIS list.

So forget about that part if you are having issues simply post your load order in a spoiler, copy/paste your FNIS report and either post your papryus log in a spoiler or as an attachment. Also describe which mods are currently not working in your reinstall.

Instructions for posting a papyrus log can be found in the SexLab Support and Trouble Shooting Guide under the SexLab trouble shooting instructions.

I updated my framework to SexLab 1.29 and it actually fixed all of my errors  :blush:

I should have done that to begin with before searching for help but I didn't realize there was a development thread. I'm so sorry about that. Thank you for all the help Shane4244! 

• 7 months later...

im having the same problem here is my FNIS report please help me .

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V5.1.1   3/08/2014 7:11:34 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - 
Generator: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Skeleton female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS (242 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 
Patch: * xp32's "PC Exclusive Animation Path" (PCEA) 
>>Warning: * xp32's "PC Exclusive Animation Path" (PCEA)  not installed<<
Patch: * xp32's "New Animation for Running with Bow" 
>>Warning: * xp32's "New Animation for Running with Bow"  not installed<<
Patch: * xp32's "New Animation for 1H Weapon" 
>>Warning: * xp32's "New Animation for 1H Weapon"  not installed<<
Patch: * xp32's "Momo Acrobatic Jump" 
>>Warning: * xp32's "Momo Acrobatic Jump"  not installed<<
Patch: * rongphale's "Horsemen Mounted Combat Enh." 

Reading FNIS V5.1.1 ...
Reading FNISBase V5.1.1 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V5.1 ...
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 alternate animations) ...
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\SexLab", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
>>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\SexLabCreature", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<
Reading SexLabDefeat V?.? ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
No GENDER directory Animations\male\
No GENDER directory Animations\female\
ERROR(2022): PCEA patch ticked, but not installed

Uncheck all these patch from lower selection part first.

Patch: * xp32's "PC Exclusive Animation Path" (PCEA) 
>>Warning: * xp32's "PC Exclusive Animation Path" (PCEA)  not installed<<
Patch: * xp32's "New Animation for Running with Bow" 
>>Warning: * xp32's "New Animation for Running with Bow"  not installed<<
Patch: * xp32's "New Animation for 1H Weapon" 
>>Warning: * xp32's "New Animation for 1H Weapon"  not installed<<
Patch: * xp32's "Momo Acrobatic Jump" 
>>Warning: * xp32's "Momo Acrobatic Jump"  not installed<<
Patch: * rongphale's "Horsemen Mounted Combat Enh." 

Archived