The Mandate Kickstarter

Asariphile

This is a Space Sim\RPG that looks frankly amazing. It looks like its going to appeal to the old school western RPG gamer.

Its going to have EVE Online style ship combat with RTS style boarding going on simultaneously. You'll be able to zoom in on your crew and give them RTS style orders like in FTL. Its a completely non linear open world with a completely optional main quest. Eventually you'll get entire fleets to command. Supports Co-op. Looks brilliant.

Also the humans have become Xzarist Russia.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate

I love space simulators, though I'm more into the whole fighter pilot thing. Personally the most fun I've ever had with a space sim is probably project sylpheed on the xbox. If you cut past all of the weeaboo and the squeenix what you have is a really good space sim/star fighter pilot sim. I don't know how many times I've played and replayed the game. Every time I talk about it to play it again, I guess that should give you a clue.

Still bottom line I support this, being a fan of the space sim genre (excluding eve online, as it took what is probably my favorite genre and found a way to make it boring) as a whole.

I love space simulators, though I'm more into the whole fighter pilot thing. Personally the most fun I've ever had with a space sim is probably project sylpheed on the xbox. If you cut past all of the weeaboo and the squeenix what you have is a really good space sim/star fighter pilot sim. I don't know how many times I've played and replayed the game. Every time I talk about it to play it again, I guess that should give you a clue.

Still bottom line I support this, being a fan of the space sim genre (excluding eve online, as it took what is probably my favorite genre and found a way to make it boring) as a whole.

Yah I am the opposite, I hate dog fighting. I love capitol ship warfare which I why I liked EVE. I really want to play the new X Rebirth because I heard Capitol ships are not driven like a freaking fighter jet for once. You give orders with an interface and the crew carries them out. So the mechanics will be more like EVE in that respect (Ignoring the fact that eve ships have no crew)

Archived