Getting Block Error when I try to add a patch in Synthesis...

Hi,

I try to use Easy Loading Screen Generator to create Loading Screens in SE.

It's a patch for the the program named Synthesis.

Last year, I had no problem about using that problem.

However, I got several error warnings that made unusable of that program.

I got this error:

PluginGen.cs(191,71): error CS0117: 'SkyrimModHeader.HeaderFlag' does not contain a definition for 'LightMaster'

I don't have any idea what does it mean. I've never had such an error before.

I tried to use older version of Synthesis and Easy Loading Screen Generator both.

I had same problem again.

If you can help me anyway, I'll appreciate.

Here is a screenshot that shows the error message:

SynthesisError.jpg.6328bd5916349212cb87161ef4fe977c.jpg

11 hours ago, traison said:

This kinda smells like Synthesis wasn't updated for 1170 or whichever update it was that added light masters and extended the light plugin address space.

So, it seems that there is nothing to do.

The load screen generator "mod" is actually an instruction to download a github repository:

https://github.com/Jampi0n/Skyrim-LoadingScreenGenerator

This repository contains a c# project which is a program (like any exe or dll).

Your issue is in that c# project:

https://github.com/Jampi0n/Skyrim-LoadingScreenGenerator/blob/main/LoadScreenGen/PluginGen.cs

Which suggests that whoever made that code had a Synthesis version that worked with newer versions of Skyrim.

However:

Synthesis is extremely dangerous. Its basically a trojan horse. Any "mod" you download for it, could tell it to download code harmful to your computer. As in, you download a "Better Flowers Mod" which downloads the latest variant of whichever ransomware is currently making the rounds.

Open the *.synth files you download (i.e. the "Better Flowers Mod") and inspect the urls in that file. Download all files using a secure and sandboxed browser (if the link is suspicious, probably don't need that for github) then inspect the code in every single file before you let Synthesis run it. Any single line could act as a trojan horse. If you can't read code there's 2 options:

1. Don't use this tool.
  2. 100% trust the person that made the files that Synthesis is about to download. Trust them with your bank account, credit cards and the safety of your children.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2024 at 1:41 PM, traison said:

The load screen generator "mod" is actually an instruction to download a github repository:

https://github.com/Jampi0n/Skyrim-LoadingScreenGenerator

This repository contains a c# project which is a program (like any exe or dll).

Your issue is in that c# project:

https://github.com/Jampi0n/Skyrim-LoadingScreenGenerator/blob/main/LoadScreenGen/PluginGen.cs

Which suggests that whoever made that code had a Synthesis version that worked with newer versions of Skyrim.

However:

Synthesis is extremely dangerous. Its basically a trojan horse. Any "mod" you download for it, could tell it to download code harmful to your computer. As in, you download a "Better Flowers Mod" which downloads the latest variant of whichever ransomware is currently making the rounds.

Open the *.synth files you download (i.e. the "Better Flowers Mod") and inspect the urls in that file. Download all files using a secure and sandboxed browser (if the link is suspicious, probably don't need that for github) then inspect the code in every single file before you let Synthesis run it. Any single line could act as a trojan horse. If you can't read code there's 2 options:

1. Don't use this tool.
  2. 100% trust the person that made the files that Synthesis is about to download. Trust them with your bank account, credit cards and the safety of your children.

I didn't know that.

Thank you for the warning.

By the way,

I learned how to avoid this blocking error problem.

I had to selected both "Match" in the Synthesis.

After that, the program worked as it had to do.

About the virus problem...

In the older versions of Synthesis, I got this warning.

However, in the latest version I didn't get any warning. Maybe, because I selected I selected the "avoid that file" as option in my antivirus.

I hope, the creator of the mod find a solution and make a version that doesn't require/use Synthesis.