Problem adding an exported face to custom follower

LLCNC

Hi all, I've recently been following these tutorials http://hubpages.com/...into-a-Follower and http://skyrim.nexusm...om/mods/25673/? to create a new follower, and I am getting some issues when using the exported facegen. 

All *seems* well except for these black lines on the head and face, and in the creation kit I get an error regarding missing facegen detail map.

I do not know what I'm missing. 

The follower was created with Caliente's body and textures, ethereal elven overhaul, apachii sky hair, and RaceMenu by Expired6978.

I have attached a screenshot of the face ingame for reference.

It should be noted I am somewhat familiar with the Creation Kit, and not familiar at all with stuff like nifscope and blender, etc.

Any takers?

**EDIT I can confirm it is something related to Ethereal Elven Overhaul. I have attempted to make EEO plugin a master, and that did not fix the issue.

Well the tintmasks I'm using are from Ethereal Elven Overhaul(the follower is a dark elf) and the file structure is not the same, so if I remove the folder, won't there simply not be any tintmasks files for the CK/game to draw from and create even more errors?

Okay, so I opened the facetints in Paint.NET, and resized them(or thought I did), saved them, backed up the originals, and replaced them with the resized facetints, and it still says they aren't 256x256 in the CK, even thought it says they are when i open them in paint.net

Well the tintmasks I'm using are from Ethereal Elven Overhaul(the follower is a dark elf) and the file structure is not the same, so if I remove the folder, won't there simply not be any tintmasks files for the CK/game to draw from and create even more errors?

Aha! Well, the facetints can be tied to a different folder indeed - which is the sane way to do things like this. What you could try is make a folder called MyFollower.esp (or whatever it is named) and copy the EEO nif/dds files over there which you are using then use them from that directory instead. Skyrim likes to have the correct folder structure with the esp names.

Aha! Well, the facetints can be tied to a different folder indeed - which is the sane way to do things like this. What you could try is make a folder called MyFollower.esp (or whatever it is named) and copy the EEO nif/dds files over there which you are using then use them from that directory instead. Skyrim likes to have the correct folder structure with the esp names.

But if I do that, won't that just be the same problem? If I copy them, then remove them while exporting the facegen data, won't they still not have correct facetints? 

And if I simply re-direct to vanilla tintmasks, won't the character wind up looking different from what I'm trying to create via the SPF PCName method?

There's gotta be a way to just copy EEO's files and resize them to fit CK's requirements temporarily

Archived