Test Jeremy Strikes Again - solved

Argh - I got TestJeremyBig rampaging around in my game.

Does anyone recall what kind of mod could spawn him?  I thought USSEP was supposed to kill him off, so I guess something has allowed him to spawn.

I've been through my load order, xEdit hasn't proved of any use, extended console doesn't show any over-riding mod to spawn him.

I tried to remove him by making a patch that changed the spawned races where he first appears. (He's 'Default Race' which is unique).

I'm stumped. Thanks!

Edited by Bluegunk

Looking at USSEP 4.2.4b, it removes the actor from DLC2LCharDragonAnyMQ06 (LVLN) which is used by DLC2lvlDragon_MQ06 (NPC_). So, basically without USSEP, you could have a naked Nord dude spawn in instead of a dragon? This sounds hilarious, and creepy. Never seen this before.

Make sure the following are true:

1. The NPC you have running around has a reference id of 0010D153.
  2. The NPC as a base form id of 0010D140.

If this is the case then something moved the NPC that is already in the game, out into whichever cell you're seeing him in.

If the reference id is different, then you're dealing with a copy. As for what might have created that copy:

1. Check the DLC2* records mentioned above, if you haven't already.
  2. Check the Referenced By tab of the NPC_:0010D140 "TestJeremyBig" record in xEdit to make sure it hasn't been added to a script property.
  3. Search through all pex files in all mods for "PlaceAtMe" and cross-reference that with a search for "GetFormFromFile". Then try to determine if GetFormFromFile fetches the actor record of TestJeremyBig.
Edited by traison

Many thanks for taking the time out to help once again!  I tracked him down to Dibellan Fanatics.

However, I never knew about the "Referenced By" process in xEdit. So that is an extremely useful thing to learn. Thanks!  I've got more leads, now. Fortunately, not many.

Thanks!

• Bluegunk changed the title to Test Jeremy Strikes Again - not solved

So assuming you're dealing with a copy with the same vanilla base form id and you find nothing by searching through pex files then my next suggestion, while a bit silly perhaps, would be:

1. Create a castable spell.
  2. Give it an mgef with a script archtype.
  3. Attach a script to it that calls GetEditorLocation on the entity it hits.
  4. Hit Jeremy with it.
  5. If it gives you a location then continue:
  6. Alter the script to teleport the player to Jeremy's editor location.
  7. Enable ShowMarkers in the skyrim ini.
  8. Hit Jeremy with it again, get teleported.
  9. Select any markers in the vincinity of his editor location and use more informative console to determine where that marker came from.

I doubt this will work for several reasons, but I can't really think of anything else short of inspecting your setup myself.

That's an interesting approach. I'll have to assemble it and try.

I've been through xEdit until I'm blue in the face and the only references Jeremy generates now are ones used as a location for Vignar and someone's argument that's used in the CRF and Misty mods.  I can't see how either of them would spawn Jeremy in bandits. They also and look like a deliberate use of the cell. So I don't wish to alter those.

The Dibellan Fanatics is now stripped of any Jeremy references.

Short of running a GREP search I'm not turning up anything about Jeremy elsewhere. It might be that it's burnt into the game save and, despite removing/clean saving around the Dibella mod, it's still there.

So...I'll try your idea tomorrow as I'm getting late here.

Thanks!

Aha - got him.  I took his spawn reference and found it in the save, and deleted it. Re-ran that save and he's gone.  An ordinary male bandit replaced him making up the 3 at the spawn point. So I got the right number of spawns and no giant Jeremy.

I expect my saves will now explode, but at least I had fun exploding it.

• Bluegunk changed the title to Test Jeremy Strikes Again - solved