Tracking down mods that add notification messages (upper-left corner messages)

"My breasts ache..." (followed by a very sharp, distressed and annoying sound)

"Has it really only been less than a day since your last orgasm?"

"You tend to need a lot of foreplay"

A few examples of notifications I'm trying to find the source of, if anyone knows off hand. Furthermore, if there's a way to find these in xEdit I'd appreciate knowing where. Don't know if these are all inside of scripts or not but that way I don't have to bug others on this. Thanks in advance 🫡

Those notifications are all script based, which makes them difficult to pinpoint which mod is throwing them.

Those examples of yours sound vaguely familiar, but I can't think of the exact mod. I want to say I've seen similar notifications in Apropos 2.

Posted (edited)

Yea I figured it might be done from a script, but Estrus Charus and Deviously Accessible I have (too many DD mods and acronyms, I don't have that one), will start checking to see if I missed something in the MCMs to maybe tone things down a bit. Thanks for the replies ❤️

As for DD, I do have the base setup with Cursed Loot, Enslaved, Equip and Helpless. Triple checking the MCMs for all of these, I found status notifications for one of the DD mods but its description states it only relates to plug events. Well if anyone else has other thoughts or knows, especially on the ones I posted above, I'd appreciate it. Forgot to mention I don't have Apropos2

Edited by HalcyonAndOn
Posted (edited)

Nope, confirmed most of what I was seeing is from Deviously Accessible (at a glance I thought I didn't have it, but I do). There is no MCM, but commands can be run in the console for adjusting various settings. This is from the DA page:

Introspection: (frequency can be changed as a percentage of baseline with "set dwp_global_thoughtsfreq_base to X"

Player will have occasional notifications giving "in character" notifications about their various sexlab aroused stats, eg. "There's nothing wrong with trying new partners, is there?" for a timerate 6+ times the current timeratemult. Superseded by a new system while on the good-girl quest that reflects current behaviour instead.

And a quick snip from inside the source code provided in DA

image.png.d42513d4bd757d076da5c2740b8efc0e.png

I have my answers now, thanks everyone for the responses. I finally got there in the end, best of fortune to you all

Edited by HalcyonAndOn