Question about clothing mods affecting game.

How do clothing mods affect the game process as in the game running properly?

Can you have too many?

I like dressing all the followers differently according to their personalities, I use AMI https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/146936753?tab=user+files

To SPID these outfits to other in world NPC's too.

Just interested in learning, have not seen any discussions on this topic, what are the ramifications, what is too many clothes mods.

Thanks for your input.

If you have a bunch of NPCs in a crowded area, all wearing SMP-enabled apparel, you better have a good machine to handle that.

Other than that, I'm not aware of any issues caused by simply having a lot of clothing mods in your load order.

3 hours ago, Raven 54 said:

How do clothing mods affect the game process as in the game running properly?

1. Every mesh has textures, those textures need to be in VRAM to be rendered (ideally anyways).
  2. SMP, sure, depending on if and how the outfits use it and what the associated config files look like. Same goes for CBPC but at a lower cost overall.
3 hours ago, Raven 54 said:

what is too many clothes mods

Depends entirely on your system. A thing we veterans usually do to test performance is to stand outside Markarth or (perhaps better yet) Windhelm and spawn in 100 NPCs. If your system doesn't crash on that you'll have absolutely no problems anywhere else.

Consider getting HWiNFO64. Start it in sensors only mode and have it log relevant sensor data to a file (unless you have mutliple monitors). Things like VRAM, and GPU memory controller load would reveal texture size issues for instance. SMP would most likely show up on the CPU, unless they've finally gotten Cuda support working - then it would be on GPU core load.

2 hours ago, belegost said:

If you have a bunch of NPCs in a crowded area, all wearing SMP-enabled apparel, you better have a good machine to handle that.

Other than that, I'm not aware of any issues caused by simply having a lot of clothing mods in your load order.

1 hour ago, traison said:
  1. Every mesh has textures, those textures need to be in VRAM to be rendered (ideally anyways).
  2. SMP, sure, depending on if and how the outfits use it and what the associated config files look like. Same goes for CBPC but at a lower cost overall.

Depends entirely on your system. A thing we veterans usually do to test performance is to stand outside Markarth or (perhaps better yet) Windhelm and spawn in 100 NPCs. If your system doesn't crash on that you'll have absolutely no problems anywhere else.

Consider getting HWiNFO64. Start it in sensors only mode and have it log relevant sensor data to a file (unless you have mutliple monitors). Things like VRAM, and GPU memory controller load would reveal texture size issues for instance. SMP would most likely show up on the CPU, unless they've finally gotten Cuda support working - then it would be on GPU core load.

Thanks to you both. I am just trying to learn to "not be stupid" when it comes to what I load into my game.