CBBE bodyslide confusion...

EsperMagicite

So I really want to install bodyslide and BAMM, and a few other bodyslide sets.

Install order

I recommend to manually merge your files in a temp "caliente tools" folder then to copy it in data folder. if you use Wrye, you have to select "has extra directories" and check the skipped tab. Wrye never instal exe files.

1. FNIS (if you want TBBP)

2. CBBE (facepack is in options folder)
3. originals armor packs as seen in cb++ description (at least Mak's pack from chronotrigger and CBBE armor pack from caliente)
4. cb++ files (8 files)
5. skeleton.

Bodyslide guide

1) open bodyslide++

2) in sliderset select "CB++body" "CB++body TBBP" or "CB++body BBP", no files required.

3) choose a preset or do it yourself

4) save your preset in the Sliderpresets folder

5) "Batchbuild groups" => select the packs you installed.

6) Build this body

7) close, run FNIS and play

says that, now most of it I get... but the building the bodies part...I have to have the armor files in the bodyslide folder for the armor/clothing to fit the body I make? also will older body slide armor/clothing work with bodyslide plus?

very sorry...all these bodies in skyrim have me confused what to do..

thanks if you read this!

oh oh also does anyone know if the Blade and Soul Negligee is anyone on the net for cbbe bodyslide?

So I really want to install bodyslide and BAMM, and a few other bodyslide sets.

Install order

I recommend to manually merge your files in a temp "caliente tools" folder then to copy it in data folder. if you use Wrye, you have to select "has extra directories" and check the skipped tab. Wrye never instal exe files.

1. FNIS (if you want TBBP)

2. CBBE (facepack is in options folder)

3. originals armor packs as seen in cb++ description (at least Mak's pack from chronotrigger and CBBE armor pack from caliente)

4. cb++ files (8 files)

5. skeleton.

Bodyslide guide

1) open bodyslide++

2) in sliderset select "CB++body" "CB++body TBBP" or "CB++body BBP", no files required.

3) choose a preset or do it yourself

4) save your preset in the Sliderpresets folder

5) "Batchbuild groups" => select the packs you installed.

6) Build this body

7) close, run FNIS and play

says that, now most of it I get... but the building the bodies part...I have to have the armor files in the bodyslide folder for the armor/clothing to fit the body I make? also will older body slide armor/clothing work with bodyslide plus?

very sorry...all these bodies in skyrim have me confused what to do..

thanks if you read this!

oh oh also does anyone know if the Blade and Soul Negligee is anyone on the net for cbbe bodyslide?

FNIS is an essential file for many mods, not just bodyslide with TBBP/BBP.  Install it before you install anything else.  Run FNIS for Users every single time you add a mod or group of mods, even if you don't think you need to. Leave it installed if you decide to get rid of CBBE bodies for another type... you will still need it!

After installing all the CBBE related mods then ----

--- download and install XPMS latest version.  go to NEXUS to get it.  DO NOT switch to another skeleton for females, regardless of instructions in other mods or forums.  this skeleton does it all - at least for females... (note: some folks still insist that a different skeleton is better. they are right for their mod setup and preferences, but skeletons create all kinds of problems you may not be ready to handle.. only after you get everything in your game working ok, should you start messing around with different skeletons.)

the rest of your set up is ok,

Armors and Clothes: you do NOT put them in your bodyslide folder - these are installed normally into the game using NMM or your preferred method.  Read both Caliente's pages, and the CB++ front page very carefully, you do not need to install KillerKeo's gear - it is already part of CB++ (but with first person meshes missing), you DO need to install the CB++ version of MAK's gear (made by the same team that make CB++, not MAK) as well as any other armor/clothes mod that are listed on the front page.  No other outfits will work with  CB++ Bodyslide, which means that Blade and  Soul Negligee is not supported - unless someone is working on a conversion somewhere.

Also, when you batch build there are a few tricks to be aware of:

1. avoid batch building any of the bodies - ie. those with body in the name.  This fails and is not needed anyway.

2. If you want nude bodies - only batch build the armor and clothing sets, do not build any of the items that include Calientes underwear.

3. Batch building. The order you batch build is important. All of the replacers like Caliente's CB++ sets, KillerKeo's, and the Replacer version of Remodeled armor will overwrite each other when they include the same clothes or armor. I select each of the following to batch build separately (only select batch build for --   Caliente's Vanilla Clothing and Armor, when this build finishes and you get the success message, then do a new batch build selecting only CB++ Caliente Vanilla clothing and armors. Do the same process for Killer Keo's, then switch from batch build to selecting individual items from Remodeled armor (MAK,s gear)) .  Note if you prefer mostly MAK gear, then batch build Remodeled armor, and select individual sets from KillerKeo's. You can batch build all the non-replacer and individual sets at one time.

This is not as hard as I just made this look, but you do have to take time to read and think through what you want to do.  It might be a good idea to go to the various help and forum sections and spend some time reading.

Good luck.

Archived