Masculine Level Lists

View File

After months and months of intermittently working on this, I finally present to you: Masculine Level Lists. *awaits the cheers and applause...*

Oh, right. No-one actually knew I was working on this.

Anyway, this plugin removes most female "nameless" random encounter NPCs, such as female bandits, vampires, falmers, etc.

It is inspired by Sekoia's LE version of Masculinized Level Lists and Bandit Boys Club by Ericleever, which I have used for many years. However with the arrival of AE, it needed an update for the new levelled NPCs. So I started creating this mod for myself. I have added/ changed many more level lists in the process. BUT it is by no means complete! Due to personal circumstances, I don't have much time to mod any more, so I am deciding to release it as is, in case someone wants to use it/ add to it.

The main categories/ lists I touched are:

• Bandits,
  • Forsworn,
  • Thalmor,
  • Vampires,
  • Stormcloaks,
  • Imperial Soldiers,
  • Wizards,
  • Creatures.

Though I am sure I missed some in these categories as well. If you want to know what changed, open the mod in xEdit.

Yeah yeah blah blah... what does it actually do?

Eesh. I am glad you asked?

As mentioned above, this mod adjusts the games levelled random encounter NPC lists. These lists mainly have nameless standard NPCs, like soldier patrols, guards, woodland creatures, etc. What I did, is remove most  the female versions of these NPCs. That is all. In theory you will encounter a lot less female NPCs in the game.

However since there are literally HUNDREDS of random NPC categories in the game and my lack of modding time, not all have been changed.

NO named NPCs have been changed.

ERMEGERSH! YOU ARE A WOMAN HATER!!

Calm your collective tits! I do not hate women in any way, shape or form. I just feel uncomfortable killing them, even if it is "just" a game. And I am gay, so...

*audible gasp from the audience, crickets in the background*

Oh good lawd... It is 2024, ya know? As I was saying, I am gay, so I prefer to see mostly men in my game. Simple as that. Besides no-one is forcing you to download and install it.

Hmm. All right then I guess, how do I use this?

Simple: download the version you prefer and install. See more under Load order.

There are four versions of the mod:

Masculine Level Lists AE, which includes FaceGen files, since most random NPCs don't have any. This file is too big to host on LL (about 282 MB), so it is a link to Mega.

Masculine Level List No FG AE, which is just the esp-file. Use this one if you have mods that change the face/bodies of bandits and the like. Armor mods are not affected.

These versions are for AE, which means Skyrim version 1.6.640+

Masculine Level Lists SE

Masculine Level List No FG SE

These version are for SE, which means Skyrim version 1.5.97 and below.

For the version with FaceGen, you will also need USSEP and AI Overhaul. I have forwarded changes from both these mods, so they are a hard requirement.

The version without FaceGen (No FG) have no added requirements.

Extra info for downloading: The "full" versions (=with FaceGen) are hosted on MEGA. Unfortunately using MEGA I can't make a distinction between the SE and AE versions on the provided links. I think the AE version is the TOP link with random letters.

It says AE. Does it include all the downloadable content? And which version of AE?

The only affected level lists (so far) are from Skyrim, HearthFires, Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Farming DLC, Saints&Seducers DLC and Bittercup DLC.

AE versioning is irrelevant for level lists. It should work with all AE versions.

How about load order?

Load this as late as possible, so it will overwrite and win conflicts with "vanilla" level lists.

However, if you use mods that change random NPC level lists, check in xEdit which should win. Or trust in my, obviously, superior wisdom and let my mod overwrite.

If you use mods that add random NPC's and level lists (i.e. Skyrim Immersive Creatures), let those overwrite this mod. Or check in xEdit which should win.

Please be advised that both versions of the mod will most likely not show conflicts in your modding program (MO2, Vortex, etc.), so when in doubt: check in xEdit.

Known problems/ oddities

Some NPCs will now be voiceless. An example is the female bandit at the start of Bleak Falls Barrow. Her lines are only available for her voice type, so you won't hear them. With subtitles on, you can still read them.

I was very rigorous in removing female nameless NPCs. I did not take lore or anything else into account. If you want a slightly more "balanced" option, please check out Bandit Boys Club. It does a very similar thing, but much less rigorous and to fewer factions. (Thanks FauxFurry for reminding me about that mod)

Permissions

I am releasing this mod "as is". Meaning it is unfinished. As such, anyone is more than welcome to improve/ add to the mod. Credits would be nice, but not necessary.

HOWEVER:

I do NOT give permission to monetize this mod in any way, shape or form. Ever. Anywhere.

I do NOT give permission to upload this mod to any other site.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/15/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    USSEP, AI Overhaul, but see text
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by ButchDiavolo
Copied text from download page, since it didn't carry over here

a mod i never knew i needed, thanks so much for sharing your work!

will this generally result in less NPCs during encounters (since the women were removed from the lists), or will it just spawn extra male NPCs to replace the missing females?

1 hour ago, akockl2 said:

will this generally result in less NPCs during encounters (since the women were removed from the lists), or will it just spawn extra male NPCs to replace the missing females?

It will be a mix. For some I created male replacements but for others I removed them as well as the references to them, so you won't get errors.

25 minutes ago, Dirty Noodle said:

Finally, thanks for sharing. Is this SE 1.5.97 friendly as well?

Unfortunately not. It includes level lists from several Creations. I will check how much work it would be to remove those.

1 hour ago, akockl2 said:

Please redownload. I forgot to clean the files before. oopsies.

hey, im looking for something like this but with like 75% less females for example, is there a way to edit this mod using xedit and getting a result like that? I mainly just want bandits and forsworn to be all male but i have no idea where to start with something like that.

1 hour ago, Orb23 said:

hey, im looking for something like this but with like 75% less females for example, is there a way to edit this mod using xedit and getting a result like that? I mainly just want bandits and forsworn to be all male but i have no idea where to start with something like that.

Bandit's Boys Club might be a better choice for that as is Sons of Skyrim Only. I am using those since this mod reduces the numbers of female Thalmor, something that I can not quite get behind since the Aldmeri Dominion is Matriarchal in the lore unlike the other oddly highly gender equal forces or outlaws which are not accounted for by any lore. At least their Justiciars should remain heavily female. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Orb23 said:

In addition to FauxFurry's comment, what you are looking for can, of course, be done.

BUT: the amount of work involved in balancing the level lists this way is enormous. And since I aimed at removing all nameless female NPCs, you can't use this mod as a start. So you'd have to copy all the involved level lists from every plugin you want to change, into a new plugin. Then start editing those level lists and entries one by one, to get the balance you are aiming for.

So yeah, it can be done, but it is tedious, time consuming and mind numbing work. And the risk of introducing errors is also very high, since the level lists are referenced all over the game like a spider web (which is of course why they exist). So removing 1 entry from 1 level list can cause an expected NPC to not show up, which can cause the game to stall because a quest can't finish, etc.

Unfortunately I am unaware of any kind of tool that could help automate this process, probably precisely for the reason/ example I mentioned above, so it will be a manual operation.

tl;dr: Yes it can be done but I wouldn't recommend it. As FauxFurry suggested, Bandit Boys Club would be a better option. It isn't as "extreme" or all encompassing as mine.

Edited by ButchDiavolo
4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Bandit's Boys Club might be a better choice for that as is Sons of Skyrim Only. I am using those since this mod reduces the numbers of female Thalmor, something that I can not quite get behind since the Aldmeri Dominion is Matriarchal in the lore unlike the other oddly highly gender equal forces or outlaws which are not accounted for by any lore. At least their Justiciars should remain heavily female. 

Thanks for reminding me of Bandit Boys Club. It was actually that mod that made me create this version. Though BBC was created earlier, I guess you could consider it the light version of this mod. I am going to add it as an option to the description.

18 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

In addition to FauxFurry's comment, what you are looking for can, of course, be done.

BUT: the amount of work involved in balancing the level lists this way is enormous. And since I aimed at removing all nameless female NPCs, you can't use this mod as a start. So you'd have to copy all the involved level lists from every plugin you want to change, into a new plugin. Then start editing those level lists and entries one by one, to get the balance you are aiming for.

So yeah, it can be done, but it is tedious, time consuming and mind numbing work. And the risk of introducing errors is also very high, since the level lists are referenced all over the game like a spider web (which is of course why they exist). So removing 1 entry from 1 level list can cause an expected NPC to not show up, which can cause the game to stall because a quest can't finish, etc.

Unfortunately I am unaware of any kind of tool that could help automate this process, probably precisely for the reason/ example I mentioned above, so it will be a manual operation.

tl;dr: Yes it can be done but I wouldn't recommend it. As FauxFurry suggested, Bandit Boys Club would be a better option. It isn't as "extreme" or all encompassing as mine.

Thanks for the response, i think i will try bandit boys club then as im not very experienced with making any kind of mod.

23 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

on the modpage it links one for OBIS which is a mod i intend to use but thats not up anymore, do you happen to have it?

Not to diminish your work at all, but I was able to get the same effect with a synthesis Masculinized Leveled List patch, which also helps me removed female creatures from More Nasty Critters. But the problem I have with both this synthesis patch and your patch is that it removes scripted female enemy spawns rather than *just* random generations. The most obvious indicator is the missing female bandit who speaks in Bleak Falls Barrow. Since a male bandit spawns in her place, her voice line plays a subtitle but is otherwise mute (you can't hear anything). I'm living with this issue for now.

47 minutes ago, Nuascura said:

Not to diminish your work at all, but I was able to get the same effect with a synthesis Masculinized Leveled List patch, which also helps me removed female creatures from More Nasty Critters. But the problem I have with both this synthesis patch and your patch is that it removes scripted female enemy spawns rather than *just* random generations. The most obvious indicator is the missing female bandit who speaks in Bleak Falls Barrow. Since a male bandit spawns in her place, her voice line plays a subtitle but is otherwise mute (you can't hear anything). I'm living with this issue for now.

Yep, spawned females can be replaced with male, but will miss the spoken dialog. Given the amount of list entries for female bandits etc, it is near on impossible to avoid that happening. They are randomly picked by the game from one of the many lists entries. There will probably also be missing female random NPCs, though I think I caught most of those and replaced them with male versions

And what... there is a synthesis patch?!! OMG... I could have saved so much time! *goes to cry in a corner*

Says I am missing two master files...

cckrtsse001_alter.esl

ccvsvsse004-beafarmer.esl

They sounds like creation kit mods, to which I do not use. Can I ignore the missing master warnings? I swear I read through the directions (even did a search on the page for cckrtsse) and if I missed something I apologize.

**Edit - Disregard, I read it again and saw the DLC content section. I have the AE upgrade, just not sure why I wouldn't have these Creation Kit mods if they come with it. I've never clicked on creation kit in all the time I've had Skyrim, but I'll check into it.

Edited by Plaguetard2.0
23 hours ago, Plaguetard2.0 said:

Says I am missing two master files...

cckrtsse001_alter.esl

ccvsvsse004-beafarmer.esl

They sounds like creation kit mods, to which I do not use. Can I ignore the missing master warnings? I swear I read through the directions (even did a search on the page for cckrtsse) and if I missed something I apologize.

**Edit - Disregard, I read it again and saw the DLC content section. I have the AE upgrade, just not sure why I wouldn't have these Creation Kit mods if they come with it. I've never clicked on creation kit in all the time I've had Skyrim, but I'll check into it.

I'm too, 2 files is not ready for my game. So, I like this mod so much, however I cannot run in my Skyrim AE. If possible, The authors, pls make another version for AE without Creation.

11 hours ago, lavajoro said:

I'm too, 2 files is not ready for my game. So, I like this mod so much, however I cannot run in my Skyrim AE. If possible, The authors, pls make another version for AE without Creation.

On 3/30/2024 at 3:25 AM, Plaguetard2.0 said:

Yeah, I went into the Creation Kit, somehow I have Saints and Sinners or something, but none of the other creation kit addons you added are included. Not sure if you wanted to update the main page that those CC content would be required.

My bad! I was somehow convinced that the AE references still in the lists were part of the free upgrade. But as you both found out, some are not Bittercup (cckrtsse001_alter.esl) and Farming (ccvsvsse004-beafarmer.esl). I don't have time for a formal upload, so I will attach  a version without those two Creations to this message. Sorry for this oversight!

Masculine Levelled Lists No FG AE free.7z