Installing Savegames?

lukeisasquid

I seen a few save games up for download in some places. I'm kinda skeptical about installing these.

Do they (save gave mods) replace your whole game progress as well as your characters appearance? Or does it just replace your characters appearance? How do Install these? If it replaces both, is there a way to just take the preset included in one of these save game mods and apply it to the character that I have now? 

Thanks! :D

they don't override anything, there just saves, drop them in your save game folder, then when you launch the game load it from the list of saves.

if you want to use their appearance on your current char there's probably a faceripper for skyrim, but saving it as a preset in enhanced character editor is probably the easiest way.

Oh boy, if this is giving you problems… I wish you good luck on your modding adventure.

About taking the presets of one savefile, well you just remember or record the "slider numbers". Then apply it onto your own save. ECE uses a specific file type ".slot" and RaceMenu requires a npc to replicate the face (you can duplicate yourself using console commands to do the job).

Archived