Need guidance on getting expressions working

I'm late to the game...I'm a new VR user of SL and hat's off for a really great mod.

There are a few nagging issues I'm trying to resolve but I'll start with the first: the female participants in scenes have a blank stare and no mouth movement (maybe just a smile), and I can't seem to get any kind of expressions to animate during a scene. 

• The use expressions tick box is checked in SL MCM (no lip sync ticked) and I've searched around a bit and keep coming up empty on how to troubleshoot and fix.
  • I'm using "Mad God's Overhaul VR 1.85" as a starting point for my install
  • In desperation I've also installed SL Expressions V3 and regenerated expressions/re-imported to see if that would work (it didn't...just blank mannequin stares all around)

Apologies if this is a dumb post, just hoping for some guidance on troubleshooting, thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I had looked at that thread and went through the list of possible your fixes with no luck.

I've gotten closer to fixing it just now but it's still inconsistent (expressions will show up on some partners but not on others)

1) Go into expression editor

2) Select the drop down for each emotion on the top (pleasure, anger, etc)

3) When most were selected from the drop down (on my version at least), they were mostly accompanied by tick boxes that were not ticked (example: pleasure, which I imagine to be an important one in SL, was one of these)

4) I went through and enabled all the tickboxes immediately below that drop down for each emotion

5) The next partner I tried, she played some subtle eyebrow, eye and mouth expressions (yay!), but the one after that had the blank stare

Not going to say I understand why my fix worked (kinda) since I am a bit new at this, but still looking for insight on how to get it working consistently for the rest of the NPCs I start a scene with.

Things to do then, after my previous list:

1. Use the mfg console command on actors (NPCs). Make sure expressions work using this.

If they work:

1. Check for mods overriding SL's script files and get rid of them.

If they work on some NPCs but not all:

1. Make sure the issue is not the NPC using a different head mesh and/or your head tri files being incompatible.

If they do not work at all:

1. Remove head replacers.
  2. Remove custom head tri files.
  3. Search through all pex files for SetExpressionOverride and consider disabling all mods using it.
Edited by traison