[HELP] Complexion Character Bug

I tried ECE, and it makes my game clipping becouse of FPS drop while I create character. It also gave me two messages about ERRORs in VampireQuest, and SpouseHouseKeeping or something like that. I decided to uninstall it then couse I couldn't even finish my character creation becouse of clipping issue.

Any other ideas?

Is it possible that DisableFaceGenCache makes my tintmask (wet skin on face) dissapear after loading?

Is it possible that DisableFaceGenCache makes my tintmask (wet skin on face) dissapear after loading?

Actually I'm extremely curious as to if this might be a source to my problems with RaceMenu CharGen as well -> when it comes to the loading face slot preset feature.

Get a load of this:

I put them both in the same folder here to show you. 

One is kaeper's ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer.

The other is expired6978's RaceMenu DisableFaceGenCache.

I've always just used kaeper's, because I had downloaded that one first and thought adding the other would be redundant. They're both different sized .dll files.

I'm probably just looking too far into this. 

I also run kaeper's version, but I used the official for RaceMenu as well, but it didn't make any changes. I still have this complexion issue whenever I load the latest game. I am getting sick of this, becouse I think that the problem might be caused by Skyrim. I cannot avoid it, fix it, and i really tried a lot of things.

Hi,

Please excuse my english. I usually never post here, but I got the same bug as you and i've searched for a solution for 2 weeks now. I have solved mine, with tears of joy, so I hope it'll help you.

First, let's check if it's the same bug : 

- Go to your meshes\actors\character\character assets directory.

- Search for femalehead.nif (if there is none, sorry, it's not the same bug).

- remove femalehead.nif (but keep the file somewhere, don't delete it) and launch a new game, or load your saved game. Your head will change shape, but you can check if the texture bug is gone. If it's gone, good news ! We have a cure !

See, textures can be stored in meshes. When you change it, the game overwrite it, but when you load, it read the mesh texture path again, reverting it back.

To solve this, you'll need nifscope to open and edit the femalehead.nif

In nifskope, go to "NiNode>NiTriShape>SLightingShaderProperty>BSShaderTextureSet"

Now in block details, open "Textures"

Here you'll see the textures path. Now you have 2 solutions : Edit the mesh, of just copy your head textures to the right path.

You can also just delete the head mesh to use the default game head mesh, if the look is good enough for you.

Good luck with this.

Oh my God, this is working!

I almost lost my fate, that someone will find solution for my problem, and now You showed up! And this is your first post in this forum. I am very grateful! Thank you very very very much!

EDIT:

Could you just explain me how to edit the mesh (the 1st option you gave me) in NifSkope? I found everything you wrote, but I just need you to navigate me further.

Oh wow...

This might actually solve my Race Menu/CharGen Ext. problem.

Wow that is interesting as hell.

Do tri files do that, too?

I really like my character's face right now, that was created through ECE even better than the version I had made when using RaceMenu/CharGen, but I'm debating about going back now if I can finally get everything to work like it should. I don't have to hate on Race Menu anymore.

I bet this would easily solve many problems others have where they can't get either or to work.

Thanks.

Oh my God, this is working!

I almost lost my fate, that someone will find solution for my problem, and now You showed up! And this is your first post in this forum. I am very grateful! Thank you very very very much!

EDIT:

Could you just explain me how to edit the mesh (the 1st option you gave me) in NifSkope? I found everything you wrote, but I just need you to navigate me further.

If you found everything, it's quite simple :

In "textures" you double left click on the "value" where the texture path is writen. There, you just have to write the texture path you want. Default Skyrim one is : "Data\textures\actors\character\female"

Be really careful to keep the type of the file ("_msn", "_sk"...) in the name, and to edit every texture file (the main one, the _msn, the _sk and the _s which you need to scroll down to see).

If you prefer, instead of double click you can right click and in the menu select "texture", "choose", and find the texture in your skyrim directory.

Press "enter"

Save as and just overwrite the old file.

it's done

P.S : If you do this on an armor mesh, or a body mesh, just remember there is 2 mesh per armor body piece, one for the min weight and one for the max weight.

For the tri file, I really don't know, sorry.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Please excuse my english. I usually never post here, but I got the same bug as you and i've searched for a solution for 2 weeks now. I have solved mine, with tears of joy, so I hope it'll help you.

- remove femalehead.nif (but keep the file somewhere, don't delete it) and launch a new game, or load your saved game. Your head will change shape, but you can check if the texture bug is gone. If it's gone, good news ! We have a cure !

See, textures can be stored in meshes. When you change it, the game overwrite it, but when you load, it read the mesh texture path again, reverting it back.

In nifskope, go to "NiNode>NiTriShape>SLightingShaderProperty>BSShaderTextureSet"

Here you'll see the textures path. Now you have 2 solutions : Edit the mesh, of just copy your head textures to the right path.

You can also just delete the head mesh to use the default game head mesh, if the look is good enough for you.

Good luck with this.

I just wanted to reply and say thank you!

The information in that post - that femalehead.nif with textures pointing to the wrong location could be the cause of complexion issues, finally allowed me to fix a problem that's had me pulling my hair out for the better part of a year. My face texture looked great but whenever my complexion changed or I turned into a vampire my face texture would look completely shitty and I couldn't figure out why.

It turns out that at some point I replaced my femalehead.nif with the one supplied with the Temptress race's files when I was using that race and changing bodies a lot then wanted to just make my other races match the same bodies.

And the solution, right there... how simple... how could I have not seen that? After all that effort and stress...

It's worse because I'm a modder and I've also been slamming my head against the wall trying to figure out why I can't fix my neck seam no matter what I do. It turns out I'd also been supplying the wrong textures with one of my mods because of it... horrible!

But thanks to you, that's now all behind me. So thanks!

• 7 years later...
On 11/14/2013 at 2:51 PM, Fallwham said:

Hi,

Good luck with this.

I know there is a high probability that you aren't around here anymore, but let me thank you for this solution, I've spent days trying to solve this with no luck until I found your post.