First, this is a commentary about a general impression about the nexus FNV site. Why discuss nexus here rather than there? Many possible explanations, but I will offer none and proceed.

What do I find odd about the nexus Fallout New Vegas category? It seems to gather many who wish to present New Vegas as West Kekistan. And many animators and digital gunsmiths who wish to re-create all the FO4 modern weapons in FNV.

What is meant by "West Kekistan"? Almost any day in the hot files and or first page, there is some visual reference to Pepe the Frog. I do not know why this is so prevalent. It could be as simple as trend-following, or an actual determined affirmation of one of the ideologies commonly associated with Pepe.

At any rate, the oddness stems from anyone using the forms of actual propaganda in the mod forum of a game which expressly demonstrates the dangers and folly of excess ideology. Unless it's intentional pseudo-ironic commentary on the the idea in the previous sentence.

What do I find odd about modern or FO4 weapons in FNV? Creatively, artistically, nothing at all. The digital craftsmen should follow their muse wherever it leads. The oddness stems from the juxtaposition of highly technical and precise mods in a game world which most of all creates its meaning through depiction of character and story.

I am more of a Mad Max kind of player. Through mods, no one has guns, most combat is melee, harsh landscapes with junk fortified outposts. No one has money, junk, little means of support or economy, lots of excess sex and inuendo, challenged but not survivor nuts for gameplay..............