HELP weird cape thing on MNC vampire queen.

DLC1VampireLordCape "DLC1VampireLordCape" [ARMO:02015BC1] is part of the DLC1dunHarkonVampireLordRoyalOutfit [OTFT:02011A89]

it's a fucking strange mesh when it works correctly, somehow having a wind blowing effect despite having no nodes or weight painting, could possibly even open up a new kind of hdt modding if someone can figure out how the fucking thing works.

annoyingly it's also setup as an Amulet and stops working if set to anything else.

11 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

DLC1VampireLordCape "DLC1VampireLordCape" [ARMO:02015BC1] is part of the DLC1dunHarkonVampireLordRoyalOutfit [OTFT:02011A89]

it's a fucking strange mesh when it works correctly, somehow having a wind blowing effect despite having no nodes or weight painting, could possibly even open up a new kind of hdt modding if someone can figure out how the fucking thing works.

annoyingly it's also setup as an Amulet and stops working if set to anything else.

huh, thats odd, but im going to try what Traison suggested, and ill let yall know how it goes. Thank you so much for helping! 

11 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

Okay so i did see it, but i still cant remove it? I went into sexlab, and turned it to 'Always Remove' and started a scene, but the cape was still there. Any ideas on how to get rid of it, I'm not sure where to find it in the files

12 hours ago, traison said:
  1. Open the console.
  2. Select the affected actor.
  3. "inv"
  4. Inspect all items marked as "worn".

Okay so i did see it, but i still cant remove it? I went into sexlab, and turned it to 'Always Remove' and started a scene, but the cape was still there. Any ideas on how to get rid of it, I'm not sure where to find it in the files

The item in the inv list will have a form id. The first 2 numbers is the mod index. Your mod manager can tell you which plugin has that mod index. Your mod manager can also tell you which mod that plugin belongs to. If in doubt, consider removing the mod entirely.

3 hours ago, traison said:

The item in the inv list will have a form id. The first 2 numbers is the mod index. Your mod manager can tell you which plugin has that mod index. Your mod manager can also tell you which mod that plugin belongs to. If in doubt, consider removing the mod entirely.

The first 2 numbers are 02, so i think thats the dawnguard dlc.

3 hours ago, traison said:

This what the Inv command is showing :

ScreenShot2.png

I somehow missed MadMansGun's posts, but I suppose the inv command just confirms its the same cape we're talking about. So, to remove it:

1. Open xEdit.
  2. Load Dawnguard.esm.
  3. Locate the armor object from MadMansGun's post above and/or the inv command output:
     [02] Dawnguard.esm (051FCDC8) \ Armor \ 02015BC1 <DLC1VampireLordCape>
  4. View the "Referenced By" tab, see that it is part of an outfit as previously stated:
     [02] Dawnguard.esm (051FCDC8) \ Outfit \ 02011A89 <DLC1dunHarkonVampireLordRoyalOutfit>
  5. Right click the outfit -> Copy as override into...
  6. Select your favorite plugin type - probably esp or esl.
  7. Give it a descriptive name.
  8. Remove the cape from the outfit (in the new plugin you created).
  9. Close xEdit and save. Making sure that it does not list Dawnguard.esm as a plugin to be saved.

Result (not tested):

vl_with_no_robe.esp

Edited by traison
32 minutes ago, traison said:

I somehow missed MadMansGun's posts, but I suppose the inv command just confirms its the same cape we're talking about. So, to remove it:

1. Open xEdit.
  2. Load Dawnguard.esm.
  3. Locate the armor object from MadMansGun's post above and/or the inv command output:
     [02] Dawnguard.esm (051FCDC8) \ Armor \ 02015BC1 <DLC1VampireLordCape>
  4. View the "Referenced By" tab, see that it is part of an outfit as previously stated:
     [02] Dawnguard.esm (051FCDC8) \ Outfit \ 02011A89 <DLC1dunHarkonVampireLordRoyalOutfit>
  5. Right click the outfit -> Copy as override into...
  6. Select your favorite plugin type - probably esp or esl.
  7. Give it a descriptive name.
  8. Remove the cape from the outfit (in the new plugin you created).
  9. Close xEdit and save. Making sure that it does not list Dawnguard.esm as a plugin to be saved.

Result (not tested):

vl_with_no_robe.esp 218 B · 1 download

I followed these instructions but still no luck :(, i used your provided file but that didnt work either. TBH im stumped, I wish i knew what it was called in the files so i can remove it from the files altogether

I was going to do it as per MadMansGun's instructions but as it turns out, HC has its own outfit defined for the following NPCs:

[09] HentaiCreatures.esp (90893576) \ Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 090085F5 <HentaiCreatureVampireLord>

[09] HentaiCreatures.esp (90893576) \ Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 09140BDE <HentaiCreatureVampireQueen>

Namely this one:

[09] HentaiCreatures.esp (90893576) \ Outfit \ 0920131E <HCVampireLordOutfit>

So I just removed the cape item from that one instead. Downside being that they both share the same outfit so, the VL doesn't get the cape now either.

Since the NPC that currently has the cape probably will still have it after this, you'll have to go through each affected npc, select them in the console and type "resetinventory".

Not tested.

HentaiCreatures.esp

5 hours ago, traison said:

I was going to do it as per MadMansGun's instructions but as it turns out, HC has its own outfit defined for the following NPCs:

[09] HentaiCreatures.esp (90893576) \ Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 090085F5 <HentaiCreatureVampireLord>

[09] HentaiCreatures.esp (90893576) \ Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 09140BDE <HentaiCreatureVampireQueen>

Namely this one:

[09] HentaiCreatures.esp (90893576) \ Outfit \ 0920131E <HCVampireLordOutfit>

So I just removed the cape item from that one instead. Downside being that they both share the same outfit so, the VL doesn't get the cape now either.

Since the NPC that currently has the cape probably will still have it after this, you'll have to go through each affected npc, select them in the console and type "resetinventory".

Not tested.

HentaiCreatures.esp 159.47 kB · 1 download

Holy shit you fixed it, Thank you so so much for the help guys!