Perfected improved camera ini.

IF YOU WANT TO USE IMPROVED CAMERA WITHOUT MOUNTAIN AND SHIELD FLICKERING GLITCHES WITH HDT PHYSICS ON AND NO SLIGHTLY WHITENING SCREEN COLORS WHILE STILL BEING ABLE TO SEE CLOSE TEXTURES.

THEN YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE MY FRIEND.

Special Edition compatible, possibly works with other versions I didn't tested it though.

Hey guys!

I worked on this issue for a while, and I am satisfied with the final results, so I will share it with you here. What I did was a series of combinations in the improved camera txt INI files. I used many versions that were created by others, combined the aspects that I wanted and added my two cents to the matter. In the end, I managed to achieve the exact result I wanted.

I tested it for a long time and it works perfectly.

Anyway, to achieve what I describe in the beginning of the topic, you need to install improved camera on its own. After you install it double click on it in your mod manager chose the INI files section, click on the appearing line of text under the INI files that starts with, SKSE/plugins/improved... that is the only one that will appear... Delete the current information inside the text file, and copy the text from the one I attach to this message. Or just replace and overwrite it with the new Save the changes.

Then you are basically good to go. 

IMPORTANT TO READ FOR USERS TOO:

The thing it does is the following: It makes your character to have two different first person views. You can change them by using the scroll wheel on your mouse. If you scroll in for a while, you will enter normal improved camera vision that you can use for fighting, walking around and playing in a general way. You will be able to see your body just fine. 

If you scroll in further, you will get the version I recommend for sexlab scenes. This means your camera will be attached to your character's eyes exactly. That means if you use it for normal playing your vision will be shaking around like in the middle of a magnitude five earthquake, and you will most likely puke out your guts in a few minutes moving around in that manner... But, for specifically sexlab scenes it gives that extra bit of immersion and works perfectly fine giving you a very realistic experience. Only next to VR...

What you need to know. This first person vision appears in the place of normal third person vision. Extra note: if you saved your game in a third person camera view, you will automatically start from this view now. So if your game starts from the second first person view, the shaking one... You only have to scroll backwards and you will enter the other first person's view... so don't panic if that happens. 

Remember, if you want to exit from one of this first person camera modes to the other first person camera mode, you simply have to roll back or forward with the scroll wheel on your mouse. IMPORTANT: from now on, you cannot enter into third person view, with the mouse scroll wheel, only with the dedicated button can you exit to standard third person camera, but you will still be able to enter from third person camera into first person camera with scroll wheel.

One more thing, since you will clearly use it with sexlab, since there is no other reason I could imagine this would come in handy... I also recommend choosing a specific button in the sexlab hotkey options for activating free camera view. Change it from the default numpad 3. If you do so, you will gain another, first person camera to choose from. It is not that good, as the other one in my opinion, since in this one, you can't look up or down. There is only a fixed camera, looking exactly from the eyes of your character. This also shakes, so don't use it for normal gameplay. it's just and interesting extra feature to note.

Oh, yeah, this third, first person camera can only be activated with the chosen button of the sexlab hotkey free camera function. It would normally drop you to a free camera third person view, but from now on it will only do this if you are already in third person view. If you are in first person view and activate it, it will instead drop you in this fixed camera view, that is only useful in sexlab scenes. It is useful to find the original direction where your character was looking at the beginning of the scene.

EXPLANATION FOR POTENTIAL FINER CUSTOMIZATION:

I changed the data on the "fNearDistanceFirstPerson=5.0" Because by default, at least on my PC, it doesn't cause any flickering effects. If that is not the case for you, put it higher, but I recommend to not go higher than 12.0-13.0 since that will cause the partial disappearance of your character's shoulder and hair. The game's original value is 15.0 by the way.

Partial representation of the settings to find it easier:

; Settings for changing fNearDistance
; Decreasing these settings reduces camera clipping but may make mountains flicker

fNearDistanceFirstPerson=5.0

fNearDistanceThirdPerson=15.0
fNearDistanceSitting=3.0
fNearDistanceCrafting=2.0
fNearDistanceKillmove=2.0

Yes, the first one is the one you should change in case that you find it necessary... If you write a bigger number, you will have less flickering, but the closer textures will also have a bigger area where they disappear. It could take a few restarts to get it right for your taste. The reason I don't let it sit on 15.0 as the original settings suggest. Is because that causes the visible body, shoulders and hair to disappear partially. Also, eating mods like Eating Animations and Sounds SE won't look that well from the first person. Because the food that is raised to your character's face, along with your character's hand, disappears partially or entirely based on the settings.

DETAILED EXPLANATION ON HOW EXACTLY CERTAIN SETTINGS WORK. AND THE DESCRIPTION OF HOW THIS METHOD WORKS AROUND THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIOEND ISSUES:

You see "fNearDistanceFirstPerson" view creates an invisible bubble from the position of your camera that makes the textures disappear in a set radius. The reason for this is to avoid unnecessary cluttering, like hair covering up the view of your camera, or seeing from behind your character's eyes, which could happen based on your camera settings for more fluid gaming experience.

Alas, with this type of settings we are attempting to do the exact opposite, but still keeping the original sense of comfort at a similar enough level.

The entire problem with the flickering is caused by the fact that the game renders two different textures. One is best described as near textures, which is much more detailed and appears when your character gets in a certain distance of an object. While the other is the distant texture, that is obviously less detailed to save up resources for the PC to direct them towards more meaningful tasks like rendering near textures. 

The flickering that we see, as I understand, is basically the moment of change that happens between the two texture types. The moment they change down one another creates the effect we call flickering. This in itself wouldn't really be noticeable since it only shows for a single frame, which our eyes would easily ignore. 

However, with taking the value of "fNearDistanceFirstPerson" view to a low number, like 1, 2 or 3... it causes an interesting conflict that makes the game continuously repeat the cycle of change between the two texture types, resulting in the annoying phenomenon. It is an innate problem of the game engine that can't be resolved without fundamentally changing the engine itself.

Therefore, the solution to the problem was simply going around it with a new set of parameters.

Setting "fNearDistanceScripted=1.0" makes all sexlab scenes appear like we play with "fNearDistanceFirstPerson=1.0" settings for the time of the animation, then it changes back to letting you play without frustrating flickering. Getting the best of both settings.

Therefore, changing this value allows us to fix the "fNearDistanceScripted=1.0" That overrides and minimizes the texture erasing bubble around your camera position, letting everything close to the viewpoint of the camera to be visible, while also allowing the flickering to happen in the background for the time of the animation. Then dropping the override and allowing the normal "fNearDistanceFirstPerson" to take over again.

Aside from that, changing "bfirstPersonShadows=1" to "bfirstPersonShadows=0" allows HDT physics to play in the first person view with some supposed lack of shadows on the character skin. That said, I didn't notice much of a difference. However, I heard that in certain settings this could result in your character's textures turning black. So if that happens, you know what's the problem is .

Representation for editing purposes:

; Enables shadows on the player when in first person
bFirstPersonShadows=0

That's all. I thought that I will share the results of quite a bit of frustration with you guys, so nobody needs to go through with it once again.

Have fun with it.

ImprovedCamera.ini

Yokem

Edited by Yokem
I added extra information on compatibility.
  • 1 month later...
On 4/5/2024 at 2:57 PM, SIKguy said:

Work perfectly with 1.0 Beta 4. Thank you a lot, trying to find perfect config for impoved camera for ages and this definetely works as supposed to. ♥

Yes, I have struggled with that quite similarly. It's a thing of the past, though. I was happy to help out! :)