Best House/Property for Slaves? (Functionality with "Paradise Halls Home Sweet Home")

So I have in more than a few hours and have amassed a ton of properties, including stock properties given from the vanilla game (Vlindrel Hall, Breezehome, Honeyside), dawnguard/hearthfire (Lakeview Manor), and a ton of Creation Club properties (Myrwatch, Bloodchill Cavern). I've kept running into a number of problems that make certain locations more desirable than others.

For properties outside of walled settlements ("safe zones" like Markarth, Solitude, Whiterun, Riften, Windhelm):

-Bandit attacks
-Dragon attacks
-Giants
-other wild animals

These things started becoming a serious problem when I lost two non-random NPCs (Amren and Hulfberth War-Bear, Adrianne's husband; I resurrected War-Bear later because I missed having the vendor). I lost them because I was using Hendraheim as my chosen house of sin, but there's a dragon's roost not far from it and you bet your ass you see dragons there a LOT! I knew this would be a problem where eventually I'd start having whores killed, too. This becomes an even bigger problem when you understand that, at first, I was moving whores between properties for various reasons. Every time I spawned into a new cell I'd roll the dice and risk a bandit, giant, animal, or dragon attack.

For properties inside of walled settlements:
-The layout just isn't quite "right" to make it easier to both have a lot of prostitutes and give them a wide, open space to work. Also, the Lakeview Manor Cellar suffers from a few problems: a) I found my slaves wanting to go upstairs when they should not have been; b) cells were frequently Unloaded or not loading properly;
-Exception for the above is just the bottom floor Hjerim in Windhelm, and maybe Vlindrel Hall in markarth. However, the front door is entirely too far from the main dining area, so that area (vestibule?) can get cramped VERY quickly.
-Breezehome, Honeyside, and Proudspire Manor are just entirely too cramped to be a good place to put a cage and have a LOT of people milling about

And then it hit me:

Castle Volkihar. It's perfect. After you beat the DLC you get what amounts to the biggest player home in the game for free. Even better, there's a fantastic mod that cleans it up and even opens up a few literal doorways to make exploration & moving between cells easier. It's, hands down, definitely the best player home in the game. It also doesn't have any of the above problems I cited. There aren't even any wild animals in any of the cells that matter (exterior, undercroft, but that's it). There's a stupid huge number of rooms, the main Keep cell even has a sexy basement dungeon with a decorative Rack and two large cells, there's room for a shitton of people, the Dawnguard moves in and gives you potential customers to rent your whores to, and there's still plenty of space for a ton more followers to dump in there. And with the "my home is your home" mod, you can bring in a ton of people and permanently assign them to whatever part of the castle you want. The interior Courtyard is a "safe" exterior space where you can set up a slave camp, you get tons of space to store whateverthehell you want.

The only thing that is missing is to make the Courtyard a Fast Travel point, but I can live with not having that. Other than that, you get a gigantic, free player home with a huge amount of space (including the Main Hall, whose central dining room is one of the largest interior spaces in the game).

Am I missing something? Anyone else have a good idea for a good player home but with none of the problems?

Have you looked at the Moonstone Castle mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56533

The author has a number of other large, spacious homes.

There are also some outdoor type homes in their own worldspace so no dragon or wild animal attacks, though they require fast travel to an "exterior" entrance the world space, others have a spell to get there that may or may not take followers.  I don't remember the name of one off hand.  Along those lines you might look at some of the mark/recall spell mods and a few other mods that allow for teleporting to player selected MCM defined points.  I think a mod here, The Manipulator, had such a feature.

Sandboxing between various levels might be a feature of some follower and slave mods, as some people do want the NPCs to move around. There might be ways to disable that, or limit it for certain NPCs.

On 2/6/2024 at 1:12 AM, karlpaws said:

Have you looked at the Moonstone Castle mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56533

The author has a number of other large, spacious homes.

There are also some outdoor type homes in their own worldspace so no dragon or wild animal attacks, though they require fast travel to an "exterior" entrance the world space, others have a spell to get there that may or may not take followers.  I don't remember the name of one off hand.  Along those lines you might look at some of the mark/recall spell mods and a few other mods that allow for teleporting to player selected MCM defined points.  I think a mod here, The Manipulator, had such a feature.

Sandboxing between various levels might be a feature of some follower and slave mods, as some people do want the NPCs to move around. There might be ways to disable that, or limit it for certain NPCs.

Nice! Thank you for suggesting this.