So I've had OAR installed for quite a while on 1.5.97 and it's worked like a charm - I've just downloaded mods that had OAR as a requirement.

Recently I started using the in-game window to inspect the animations and change a few things in my folder structure. It worked out okay, so I added some more animation packages etc, and started a more ambitious reorganization project.

... but now when I'm in the in-game OAR editor, the game CTDs after between 15 seconds to a few minutes.

Do any of you have any idea what the cause could be or where to look first to troubleshoot?

Thanks for any help!

3 hours ago, Anunya said:

So I've had OAR installed for quite a while on 1.5.97 and it's worked like a charm...

If you want to say that the problems only started after updating the game, then most likely the problems may be caused by outdated dll plugins. Start by updating the address library.

If you are not using the latest version of the game, you still need to check all dlls. For this complex to work correctly, plugins version must be as compatible with each other as possible.

Edited by 00549303719
13 hours ago, 00549303719 said:

If you want to say that the problems only started after updating the game, then most likely the problems may be caused by outdated dll plugins. Start by updating the address library.

If you are not using the latest version of the game, you still need to check all dlls. For this complex to work correctly, plugins version must be as compatible with each other as possible.

That's not it, I'm still on 1.5.97 and plan to stay. I added  a bunch of mods, with most of them being for OAR.

It does seem the crash happens fairly consistently when I try to view a couple of the animations in the most recent version of Seamless Feminine Idles, but I'm not 100% sure if it's the cause.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my load order from last known stable without that mod (or rather, the previous iteration of it) to see if that takes care of things.

I was mostly wondering there are well known causes for OAR to crash when animations are previewed.

39 minutes ago, Anunya said:

I have NetScriptFramework, but for some reason I don't have any recent crash logs.

So either the game isn't actually crashing but instead terminating normally, or you have the crash logs turned off. Also, I haven't seen the NetScriptFramework crash logger produce a log with a correctly-unwound callstack in a long time. While that may not be an essential thing to have in all cases, it just seems like a silly thing to use when there's far better alternatives.

Anyhow, if the game isn't actually crashing because of an unhandled exception, then you'll need a debugger (and all it entails) with the ability to intercept exceptions to be able to see whats going on.

Thanks!

I know little about debuggers and all it entails. Sounds like I should disable the NetScriptFramework debugger (if it isn't disabled already) and install the debugger recommended upthread.

Luckily I seem to have a workaround. The crash (termination) seemed to always happen when I was looking at animations from Dynamic Random Female Idles - so I ended up uninstalling that mod and just taking the animations and putting them in some other folders (with other conditions). My guess is that Random Idles had some OAR conditions that my setup didn't support one way or the other... though it's just a guess. In any case, the issue seems to no longer be manifesting.

EDIT: it was Dynamic Random Female Idles I removed, not Random Female Idles AIO (which is working fine)

Edited by Anunya