3BA or UBE? HIMBO or The New Gentleman?

Hi I'm restructuring my mods for skyrim ae (640), at the time I'm with 3BA, Himbo, a wagon of armor mods, oBody and oPubes to diversify pngs, and an alive and kiking OBody_presetDistributionConfig.json. 

Is it valid to change to UBE, wich I've seen is constantly adding armors and body presets? 

Is it valid to change to The New Gentleman? 

What are the main differences between these working old bodies and these new one? Is it worth it the change?  

Looked at this recently and it still seems UBE has very small support compared to the plathera of mods that exist for 3ba.

Seemed similar to me with new gentleman. (but that didn't peak my interest as much as ube)

You actually don't need to worry about choosing between HIMBO and the New Gentleman (TNG). TNG is made to be compatible with HIMBO, the latter even being recommended for those who want a higher poly male body / customizable male body. 

The real question about TNG, is if you want to use it or SOS, as TNG was made to be an alternative to SOS. 

I don't know much about UBE though. It came out shortly after I made the switch from BHUNP to CBBE 3BA, so I haven't bothered with it yet.

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2024 at 4:41 AM, Kristus Kringle said:

TNG + HIMBO. And the recent versions of TNG work with SOS addons. 

image.png.5e90f7e52acadaf581384998d5702309.pnghi i saw ppl saying they are ment to work together but then in vortex for me they have file conflict. Can someone explain to me what could be wrong?

I don't use Vortex personally, but sure.

When there are file conflicts, it means that two or more of your mods are editing the same file(s). In this case, TNG and HIMBO both modify the male body meshes and underwear textures, so you need to choose which mod's files will take priority.

"The mod is not compatible with other mods that do the same thing, namely SOS Full, SAM, and SOSAM nor with mods that integrate the genitalia into the base body mesh, namely SOS Light, SAM Light, Better Males, and HIMBO Lite. Not only are these mods’ textures incompatible, TNG would distribute genitalia to meshes which already had them attached, resulting in two attached to the same body."

"For the plugin index (found on the right side of MO2, and in the Plugins tab in Vortex) you can use LOOT.

For deployment order, this mod should be overwritten by all skin textures designed to work with SOS Full or TNG and HIMBO. If they are not designed to work with one of these mods, they are not compatible with TNG.

LOOT does not take care of this! You do it by dragging mods up and down in MO2, or choosing the conflict winners in Vortex. LOOT or your mod manager cannot know which mesh or textures you prefer!"

This is taken from TNG's page, and it tells you:

• The bodies it is NOT compatible with (anything that adds its own genitals such as SoS or SAM/SoSAM). It tells you that HIMBO Lite doesn't work, but you can ignore that because it's not the version you're going to install.
  • It should be overridden by any skins designed to work with SoS Full, TNG itself, or HIMBO.
  • TNG itself is meant to act as a replacement for SoS.

The HIMBO mod page states clearly that you can use TNG as an alternative to SoS. He says to load HIMBO "after SoS", therefore the same can be said about TNG because its meant to take that mod's place.

In short, you need HIMBO to overwrite the conflicting files from TNG.

Look here for information on how to solve a file conflict on Vortex: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Managing_File_Conflicts

Edited by GameEdict