Fomm and Nexus mod manager

Xzios

ok the minute you use nexus mod manager it breaks fomm. anyone know how to fix this or at least get Fomm working again? imagine its something to do with that read only file question it asks at start.

deleting NMM and Fomm and reinstalling fomm it still crashes ! grr. anyonw know how to get it working again?:@

lil more information on the cause of the crashing and it is running nexus new vegas mm that is breaking fomm.

riday, December 02, 2011 - 12:52:11 AM

Fomm 0.13.21

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.InitMods()

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.Load()

at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog..ctor()

at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)

Previously there was an issue where FOMM was rendered unusable after the use of NMM. It appears that the solution to this is to go to C:\Games\\Install Info then delete the .xml file in the folder. If that doesn't work, delete the whole Install Info folder.

The reason why FOMM wouldn't start up was because NMM upgraded the .xml file, causing FOMM to not read it correctly. Deleting the file allowed FOMM to create another one, fixing it.

Info from kaburke, who resolved the issue for me and another user :) many thanks

found this after digging knew i should share. take no credit i didnt figure any of it out :P

but yeah thats scary nexus is trying to control mods in that fashion. hopefully there will be alternatives to skyrim!

Never needed Nexus Mod Manager' date=' FOMM does all, I heard it could report content you are using to Nexus so they can ban unauthorised mods.......

[/quote']

Interesting. Any idea if there's a source for the code, would be pretty easy to check and see if there's a phone-home report system.

Interesting. Any idea if there's a source for the code' date=' would be pretty easy to check and see if there's a phone-home report system.

[/quote']

With their attitude, to modders, it wouldn't suprise me what they would try to get from your computer, to me Nexus is just a Mod Library, good for nothing else nowdays and Nothing at all if someone sets up an alternative.

Archived