ctd BEFORE logo after downgrade

Hello, since the last update SSE crashes on startup, both whwn lauched from skse and from steam. Tried a fresh install and it still crashes after downgrade. (vanilla steam install still starts)

Used the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Downgrade Patcher and followed the guide to downloading depots. still crashes afer the black screen.
Another user told me i had missing masters but even with no missing masters or when launched trough steam the game still dies.
Here's my crash log
thanks in advance

crash-2024-01-19-19-32-32.log

This is not a missing master issue, like you already figured out. However it could be a load order issue, as in, you're loading a patch before the mod that it's supposed to patch.

Your issue is in ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp, form id 0x1B00AB63 "Kala Renith". There's a null pointer in there somewhere because it tried to dereference rdx which is 0x0. Your hint for that is "HelpBarter", whatever that means. Maybe Google has something to say about that. I'd however start with xEdit and the load order of things related to that record.

19 hours ago, traison said:

This is not a missing master issue, like you already figured out. However it could be a load order issue, as in, you're loading a patch before the mod that it's supposed to patch.

Your issue is in ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp, form id 0x1B00AB63 "Kala Renith". There's a null pointer in there somewhere because it tried to dereference rdx which is 0x0. Your hint for that is "HelpBarter", whatever that means. Maybe Google has something to say about that. I'd however start with xEdit and the load order of things related to that record.

update: i have managed to stop the infinite loading, but it's back to crashing before the logo:
game starts when launched from the "SkyrimSE.exe", "SkyrimSELauncher.exe" and "skse64_loader.exe" , but dies from mo2's equivalent of all 3, so i guess it's a mod issue

second update: After testing one crash log at a time, "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch" and "MoreNastyCrittersSE_v" are the culprits.
i have attached the crash logs for both; is there any way to make them work once again? thanks again.

crash-2024-01-20-15-48-41.log crash-2024-01-20-15-52-56.log

3 minutes ago, Nocilol said:

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

If you downgraded to 1.5.97 make sure you're using USSEP version no later than 4.2.5b.

Edited by belegost

Looking at your latest crash logs, the issue is with a null pointer in Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp form id 0x0001AA78 "CuSith" or 0x0001AA77 "Garmr". The weird thing is that it's marked as being from Skyrim.esm (mod id 0x00), however it should be from Dawnguard.esm (ie. could be 0x02). I'm not entirely sure if that's because of how its displayed in the crash logger or if there's some bigger issue going on here. Regardless, inspect the 2 records above, remember to add the mod index of Dawnguard to them. Any mod that modifies these records should be tested. The issue could be the load order, something undoes a change made by the unofficial patch, or the other way around.

Edit: Or, you may want to start with those form ids (as they appear above) just to make sure you do not actually have copies of those dogs in Skyrim.esm.

Edit again: I accidentally opened the same log twice. I see the 2 logs refer to different records now.

Edited by traison
1 hour ago, traison said:

Or, you may want to start with those form ids (as they appear above) just to make sure you do not actually have copies of those dogs in Skyrim.esm.

checked with sseedit, and  have noticed a weird thing: all of them have records from the both dawnguard and the crashing mods. i am completely illiterate in sseedit tho, so it might be normal behaviour(???)

333.PNG.7a4edda4a80716fb5a633ef1323cefff.PNG

on that note, how do i add a mod index to a record?

7 minutes ago, Nocilol said:

how do i add a mod index to a record?

To a form id, not record. Also, math:

Relative form id + Mod index = Fully qualitifed form id

0x1AA77 + Dawnguard.esm (0x02000000) = 0x0201AA77

43 minutes ago, traison said:

math

thank you, i didn't know that.
so; here are the ids, they are all from the dawnguard file,
11.PNG.f3ee27a45df807e38a1af8e2b0b5e15a.PNG
but they also appear in the ussep:

22.PNG.58bba8499f516a55bd499c3e08e6984d.PNG
and in mnc:
3.PNG.ff173982f473f526b07e0eca27dc5ddf.PNG

what am i supposed to do now? i have attached my load order, if it can help.

loadorder.txt

Edited by Nocilol
12 hours ago, Nocilol said:

what am i supposed to do now?

15 hours ago, traison said:

Any mod that modifies these records should be tested. The issue could be the load order, something undoes a change made by the unofficial patch, or the other way around.

Edit: If you can't find anything obvious, I'll have a better look at the crash logs.

Edit again: I just realized the 2 logs point at different records. When I initially opened them I somehow managed to open the same log twice. Ignore the records, they're most likely irrelevant. I need to look at this in a disassembler. Be a minute.

Edit again: The disassembler is acting up for whatever reason, so for the moment I have nothing else to add than that you have mod conflicts. Inspect the following records, change the relevant load orders, resolve conflicts etc.:

1. Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp 0x1AA78 "CuSith"
  2. Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp 0x1AA77 "Garmr"
  3. MoreNastyCritters.esp 0x1AAB2 "Spriggan Earth Mother"
  4. MoreNastyCritters.esp 0x13B74 "Spriggan Earth Mother"
  5. Skyrim.esm 0x020A91FF "AudioTemplateSpriggan"

The form ids seem weird to me. Like we already established 0x1AA78 should most likely be 0x0201AA78, and 0x020A91FF should probably be 0xA91FF. Either that's some weird new quirk of the crash logger, or you got something seriously messing with your mod indexes.

Edited by traison

ok, there's something very wrong with my install
i have been trying to load, then on ctd i check the crash log and disable the mod that crashed the game, rince and repeat.
i disabled more than 30 mods and the game stil crashed, so i tried launching it from steam.
still crashes on the first load.
at this point i think the only choice is to do a clean install and hope the downgrade patcher gets updated soon
thank you anyway for your time.