DBF Cyberpunk 2077 mods updates

This started as a blog post, but I though it would be worth setting up a proper discussion thread for future updates.

Between the release of Phantom Liberty and multiple mod breaking updates this year, Cyberpunk 2077 has been asking keeping me away from Skyrim mods for a big part of this year.

Those mods are on Nexus, or in the Cyberpunk 2077 club here at LoversLab.

• Adaptive Sliders : Automatically sets the slider of popup menus to the min or max value depending on what you are doing (min to pick up, max to sell or drop for example).
  • Vehicles Fast Travel : Replace the fast travel system at street Terminals with the vehicle call menu, and replaces the vehicle call key with the radio menu. This forces you to walk a little and experience Night City if you are dropped far from the closest terminal.
  • Limited Encumbrance : Transforms how Carry Capacity works with a minimal value based on encumbrance of what you can carry and immersive ways to increase that carry capacity (with booster drugs, perks and cyberware)
  • Claim Vehicles : Gives you immersive options to claim vehicles you break into or find in the street and keep them for yourself. The mods supports almost ALL ground vehicles in the game - bikes, cars, utility trucks, Police or Corpo vehicles, even the pink limo from the Mox!

I also have two Quality of life mods not in LL yet:

• Immersive Components - this mod replaces 'Tier 1', 'Tier 2' ... component names with more useful and immersive names
  • Diverse Loot - this mod tweaks loot tables to bring Phantom Liberty clothing inside Night City (and other small adjustments)
  • Live a Little - this mod changes quest objectives and adds delays in some quests to give some breathing room to the game and let V explore the game more.

And a Death Alternative set of mods:

• Santa Muerte - Death Alternative - gives V a fighting chance with a limited number of resurrections that grows as you get stronger.
  • Diverse Death Screens - Adds a random screen effect to the death sequence, including white noise and the crash/reboot sequences from the Dex No Tell Motel sequence. Use it standalone or as an add-on to Santa Muerte - Death Alternative.

In addition to these threads, I also have content on other sites:

• Github - A repository for issues and early release code for my Cyberpunk mods.
  • Tumblr - A blog about games I play, including Cyberpunk 2077.

image.png

Edited by DeepBlueFrog

A couple of nights ago it hit me that we have that broadcast about malware infested public data terminals in Night City and yet, V is happily plugging away in every port available (not to mention the blood curling insertion of unknown data shards).

Well then.. the project this weekend was to understand how to inflict a quickhack on the player when using data terminals.

As usual, a key piece of information was graciously provided on Discord and a few hours later, I now have a chance of receiving a malware attack when using Dataterms in my Vehicle Fast Travel mod.

At low level, V better watch out.

At high levels, especially with points in Intelligence perks, cyberware countermeasures kick in most of the time and catch the nasty attacks.

The chances of attack are low by default and completely customizable in the new menu for the mod.

n54news-dataterm.png

1091500_20240115224225_1.png

• 2 weeks later...

This new project started as an experiment to hijack the Death events in the game and turned into a more significant mod than I anticipated.

The main idea behind Santa Muerte - Death Alternative is that it doesn't make sense that the Relic only saves V's life once or twice during the game and lets them die all the time outside of these two events.

The Relic was designed by Arasaka for Immortality. Initially, by preserving the personality of an individual as a Construct. But that doesn't explainhow the Relic somehow manages to revive V after the encounter with Dex.

The lore-friendly background I came up with is that Jackie is the wildcard here.

When Jackie slots the Relic, he is badly hurt and has only one thing on his mind - survival.

What if the Relic picks up on the intensity of his thoughts, and especially his prayers to the Santa Muerte, as the missing instruction set that eluded Arasaka scientist.

Jackie's beliefs give the Relic the imperative to preserve its host and to survive in accordance to the Santa Muerte.

Immortality becomes Jackie's gift to V... which has some poetry to it.

--

Practically, the mod gives V a limited number of resurrection according to the strength of the Relic.

The maximum number of resurrections increases over time with the player's level, cyberware capacity and with some actions dear to Jackie, like a tarot reading with Misty, attending his funeral and helping Mama Welles.

When the number of resurrections is reached, the Relic is tapped out and death becomes final.

And on top of that, someone suggested an idea on Discord that was too good to pass up - what if we could play again the crash/reboot sequence from Dex encounter in the UI?

That idea became Diverse Death Screens, a standalone mod and also add-on for Santa Muerte, that plays a random selection of videos when V bites the dust.

Both mods are coming along.

For Santa Muerte, the next major improvement will be to add a chance to teleport to certain destination after death - home, hospital, ripperdoc, or scav lair.

For Diverse Death Screens, the main update will be to add a mod settings menu to allow the players to pick which videos they want to see among other options.

0_0.jpg

1091500_20231216085532_1.jpg

1091500_20240126223515_1.jpg

1091500_20240126223523_1.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 2022-02-25 00-15-39.jpg