New to Modding Skyrim, need information and help.

Hello Guys. Happy new year!

I'm kinda new to this modding Skyrim stuff and would like some informations about some terms employed that i have encountered.

For exemple, i have seens some mods with the terms LE / SE / UUNP and don't know what they means.

Also, since i'm new i don't know what number of mod should i go with, if there are better than other etc.

I'm thankful to anyone who would like to try and help me.

Have a nice day.

LE is Legendary Edition, sometimes also called Oldrim. Basically this is pre-Special Edition Skyrim, with the official DLCs.

SE is Special Edition, this is the release from several years back that added some new things and some polish, as well as integrated some creation club mods. This can be up to and including the latest and "greatest" Skyrim update, 1.6.1130 but some SE ones don't work with the newest patch.

AE is Anniversary Edition, which will usually work with the latest, but some still haven't been updated for 1130.

UUNP is one of two main body replacers popular for the adult modding community in Skyrim (the other is CBBB) - there's also revised versions of these like BHUNP and CBBE 3BA.

How many mods you should go for? Depends heavily on what kind of experience you're looking for. Generally you want to go with the least amount of mods that will give you Skyrim experience you want. You will probably pretty quickly find yourself with well over 100 mods though as you get bug fixes and patches, mods to make Skyrim prettier, mods to add gameplay components, mods to make the people prettier, mods to make the people fuckable, mods to add better physics to the bodies, mods to engage in specific sexual scenarios..

For which mods are 'better', I usually look at the comments on threads here, or posts on Nexus, plus how many unique downloads a mod has gotten on Nexus. It also depends heavily if you plan to mod for LE or SE- it is worth noting that a lot of modders have finally stopped supporting LE, so if something doesn't work it may not get fixed. SE, on the other hand, you need to be careful about updating your game because the next update might break a mod that is integral to your entire structure.