Color changing pubic mesh -- can't get color to change

jonas_opines

Hey, not sure if there's anybody who can help me on this.  I took a mesh for skyrim, the 3d pubic mesh, and converted it to Fallout Type 3 (I'll do a T6 variant for this one as well, I think)

From this file

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/11687-color-changing-unpunpb-3d-meshed-pubic-hair/page-4?do=findComment&comment=551723

But I can't figure out how I might get it to change colors, to make the curtains and drapes match, so to speak.  I've tried copying the settings for normal hair or facial hair (other than the shadow differences, which screw things up), but it doesn't work. 

Anyone have any idea?  

Did you find how the skyrim mod does it ? This part of the engine should not have changed much.

EDIT: Looks like you did. At first glance all I see is the extra niAlphaProperty added to the pubic hair meshes (and why are there two of those ?). Plus why do they need a specific skeleton ?

Unfortunately, Skyrim and Fallout mesh shader properties, which Should be where any meaningful change in color of texture should be made, are simply too different to offer much help without someone who's more familiar with them.  

Regarding the skeleton, has to have the bone information so it knows how to move with the body.  The normal hair meshes don't need skeleton data because the egm file does it for them.  Or maybe I misunderstood your comment.

Archived