SEARCH: Shield charge fix/mod

Hey!

I love the shield charge in Skyrim but after a while it stops working (randomly). So I have to reset the skill with help of a black book or the console commands. This sucks.
There are many threads in the web but no real fix or mod that fixes this annoying bug.

Exist any fix or mod or is it possible to create one?

? How could it work?
Every time you equip a shield or weapon do this:

player.removeperk 0058F6A
player.addperk 0058F6A

(this makes only sense if you already have this skill in your current savegame)

I'd really like to see a solution. ?

If by stops working you mean it no longer pushes characters, then that's probably because of Papyrus overload as the effect is using a script. Grab Papyrus Tweaks, disable all other fixes but set iMaxOpsPerFrame to a higher number than the default 500 and see if the problem goes away. If it solves the problem, consider instead lightening the load on Papyrus instead of continuing using Papyrus Tweaks. I have my maxops value set to 1500 and I wouldn't recommend a value below it as of right now; but increasing it for the wrong reasons could just be sweeping another problem under the rug - a problem that perhaps should be fixed properly.

Edit: If its a Papyrus problem, I imagine this would reveal it.

Edited by traison
23 hours ago, traison said:

If by stops working you mean it no longer pushes characters, then that's probably because of Papyrus overload as the effect is using a script. Grab Papyrus Tweaks, disable all other fixes but set iMaxOpsPerFrame to a higher number than the default 500 and see if the problem goes away. If it solves the problem, consider instead lightening the load on Papyrus instead of continuing using Papyrus Tweaks. I have my maxops value set to 1500 and I wouldn't recommend a value below it as of right now; but increasing it for the wrong reasons could just be sweeping another problem under the rug - a problem that perhaps should be fixed properly.

Edit: If its a Papyrus problem, I imagine this would reveal it.

That sounds very interesting. I will try this when my PC is back again.

And yes, I'm talking about the action that pushes the enemies. Running while holding up the shield is still possible but the effect does not trigger.