[HELP] I'm making some custom armor with transparency need mesh info

Bullw

Sup! II'm trying to add some transparency to a few armors and i need some help with either info or other.

Greatly thankfull and much appreciations for any help at all :D

(oh, i realise this might be the wrong place for this, sorry bout that xD, good eye trafic here)

For info, i'm using t3m body and in this particular case i'm tinkering with T3Ms chinese stealth armor to create a semi transparent chest plate and

hide "cloth" parts covering the butt. :P

The textures i've done before so that part went well. For Nifskope and alpha property i found a quick guide so that went smooth aswell.

Then just as i was about to test it ingame, i realised something, the model replaces the entire body and is thus most likely hollow -_-

So took a peek in geck and ingame, indeed quite wHOLEsome (overtired, makes me laugh easily ^_^).

Tried a quick fix by changing EQ slot from upper body, hoping the t3m author fitted it properly, but didn't fit some noticable areas. :(

After checking out a few other nifs with skin showing i noticed that for those, the geck preview is showing the body mesh, in black, underneath.

So this is were i am and it's from here on i need some help with either info or editing (if it turns out to be required).

First thing i did was look into blender but that's just to much work to be worth it, atleast to learn it good enough to manage this on my own, without a more specific guide.

So some questions,

1. Incase i've missunderstood this, what is the black body mesh shown in gecks nif preview on equipment showing skin?

2a. If it's part of the mesh/nif, is there some relatively easy way to add it?

2b. If it's not part of the nif, but some setting or flag in geck/nifskope, alas once again how to add it?

Long post short, what do i need to do in order to fix the giant see-through hole, created by transparent texturing.

//A Giant Thank You :heart:!  for any info/guide/link or help.

I suspect you will need to learn to use Blender to do what I think you are trying to do.

But nifskope would still be important for you to learn. Here is some documentation.

But I think also, while learning, you might try just playing with the tools to learn them?

Meanwhile, I suspect you need to tell nifskope where to find textures. There's two places in the menus to be doing that, but rather than walk you through how to find and use those menu options, I am pretty sure that the tutorials will help you.

Archived