Better 'Skill Based Muscle' Normalmaps

View File

This is a set of normalmaps ONLY, to replace those in the wonderful mod Skill Based Muscle! The assets are transformative content of other users' original work, used with permission. These normalmaps were modified, after which "in-between" steps were created with a GIMP plugin that lets you animate still images or smoothly morph between two images. Sorry for the bad gif quality!

Ā 

Changelog

• v2.0
    • Far more muscle at higher stages
      • Mostly back, arms and legs
      • Rectus abdominisĀ made narrower, more realistic (the six-pack abs)
    • Much better seams
      • v1.0 had some bad seams on the butt, all fixed now
    • Smoother, more realistic stage 1-5 transition
    • Stage 1 still ultra-flat, now transitions smoothly to stage 5 as opposed to sudden "normal" boobs at stage 2

Ā 

• If you prefer the look of v1.0Ā at higher muscle stages, you can copy femalebody_6_msn.dds to femalebody_10_msn.ddsĀ carefreeĀ to v2.0 folder structure. Stages 1 and 5 look the same with improved transitions
  • v3.0!
    • Far better 5-10 transition. Watch your muscles grow smoothly!
    • Better deltoid shading, matches sliders well and is more realistic
    • Fixed small seam problems
    • Edited v2 abs to not be quite so narrow. Somewhere between v1 and v2 now. Fits perfectly with abs sliders and looks good!
    • Uncompressed filesize is a bit bigger now. My BC7 compressor plugin for GIMP brokeĀ 

Ā 

MADE AN OOPSIE WITH THE 2 GIFS SAYING "Stages 1-5". ITS SUPPOSED TO SAY "Stages 5-10"!!!Ā Too lazy to fix :)

Ā 

REQUIREMENTS

• Skill Based MuscleĀ - and its requirements & whatever optional modsĀ you want (check their mod page for tips and notes)
  • OptionallyĀ dw's CBBE 3BA with UBE AnusĀ - check in-game if you need to move anus texture. Can be done with RaceMenu
  • Optionally use my SBM .json BetterSBMv3.jsonĀ so your character grows nicely along the changing normalmaps! ItĀ usesĀ great new sliders fromĀ Mimir Ebonic BodyĀ (mostly to make the butt a bit nicer at higher muscle stages), but is totally optional. Works well without the extra sliders.
    • Insert into SKSE\plugins\SkillBasedMuscle
  • Recommended:Ā Body Builder SE! An amazing mod with good synergy! Check out the first comment of my mod hereĀ for a bit more info and better 3BAv2 scripts for Body Builder. Iā€™ve made even better scripts lately, to be uploaded here at a later date!

Ā 

Ā 

COMPATIBILITY

• Anything, HOWEVER
    • This texture set is created withĀ BnPĀ (1.7 or 2.0 young & old) and/orĀ Diamond skinĀ head, hand and foot normalmapsĀ in mind
    • As such, this is compatible with any other skin mods that have the exact same normals at the seams.
    • Please report any problems
  • To work withĀ Racial Skin Variance, simply delete the _DISTR.ini that comes with SBM
  • INCOMPATIBLE with Pregnancy Normalmap Swapper. Nothing will break, but they compete with each other to add a normalmap to the player. In general, I would stay away from this mod, it breaks NPCs and your presets if you remove it.

Ā 

MY REQUEST TO YOU

• Please recommend your favourite muscular normalmaps (with screenshots preferably), so that I could some day make an even better version of this mod!
    • I personally wasn't the biggest fan ofĀ Muscle Solution, but if people want it I could see myself making something similar to this mod with MS.
  • Screenshots!
  • At request IĀ mayĀ create neck seam patches for popular mods, but can you call yourself a real modder if you don't at least TRY DOING IT YOURSELF?! If you need help, ask ChatGPT and Google like I did, but in short:
    • Step 1:Ā Take what ever body normalmap that doesn't have a neck, hand and foot seam with your setup and import it into an editing program of your choosing.
    • Step 2:Ā Add yourĀ desiredĀ body normalmap on topĀ as a new layer.
    • Step 3:Ā Select the new layer as active layer and select theĀ eraser tool. Modify the "hardness" of the eraser to medium-low.Ā 
    • Step 4:Ā Erase at the neck, foot and hand sections to "reveal" the non-problematic normal from underneath, while smoothly blending it with yours,Ā Ć” la:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Screenshot2023-12-07200329.png.bb20a10cc1f38b590236f91b7e0f095b.png
Ā 

Ā 

GUIDE NEEDS REDOING ^ (Works, but uses bad practice)

Ā 

READ

• KEEP IN MIND: You have to jump through lots of hoops to get GIMP to play nice with BC7 compressed files, which a lot of SkyrimSE modders use, including me. Photoshop will work out of the box afaik and so might many others.
  • Consider erasing a bit more around the neck than what I encircledĀ if you still have a seam.
  • Be mindful of what normalmap is shown to you in-game while troubleshooting seams. SBM will not "turn on" out of the box, but needs to be configured. Until then your default normalmap will be shown which is provided by your winning skin mod, not SBM.
  • Read SBM description
  • Also hasĀ 3BA Puffy Vagina

Ā 

Credits:

PepperoniB01Ā forĀ normals

M4MK203Ā forĀ normals

and of course

@jjabrams420Ā for creating a must have,Ā Skill Based Muscle

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/07/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by Neyri LL
3 hours ago, trollmaster55 said:

Just a little concerned that it might corrupt presets like pregnancy normal map swapper did.

Ā 

It won't! Pregnancy normalmap swapper had a problem where it would never remove the overlays it added to you or NPCs, only add (whether it was any stage of pregnancy or "stage 0", i.e. no pregnancy normalmap). SBM has your default skin mod normalmap as a fallback, so if you remove this mod, everything goes back to normal!

On 12/8/2023 at 6:53 AM, Neyri LL said:

Ā 

It won't! Pregnancy normalmap swapper had a problem where it would never remove the overlays it added to you or NPCs, only add (whether it was any stage of pregnancy or "stage 0", i.e. no pregnancy normalmap). SBM has your default skin mod normalmap as a fallback, so if you remove this mod, everything goes back to normal!

Is this compatible with the pregnancy normalmap swapper?

36 minutes ago, applesandmayo said:

Is this compatible with the pregnancy normalmap swapper?

Technically sure, you wont crash and your game is fine, but both of them are competing for the same effect, so you'd only see whatever one of the mods is applying on your character, not a combination of both.

On 12/12/2023 at 12:10 AM, Lannister said:

Since you are using BNP with your mod, do you have any experience running it with the Racial variance version? Basically i want to npc's to uphold the racial variance spid, but the player the spid of this mod.Ā 

Out of the box? Hard to say.

Ā 

Looked it over: Just delete the _DISTR file from SBM and install RSV- Vanilla in the FOMOD, then you should be good to go @Lannister

Edited by Neyri LL
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, trollmaster55 said:

Is this still compatible with Diamond skin and/or Dw UBE anus?

Yeah, should be.

Ā 

Diamond skin will provide it's own, mismatching head and hand normals. You could download BnP and delete everything BUT head & hand normals and specular so that you're still using the Diamond skin "colors" (diffuse map).

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Schlussel0719 said:

I want to use it with Demoniac Texture, but neck seam happens.Ā Can you share a texture template like SBM?

If you don't mind using BnP head & hand normals, you can do what I described in another comment: (How I would do it on MO2) Download & install BnP - Female SkinĀ below Demoniac in MO2 left pane, then open the file explorer of BnP and delete all files that do not have _msn.dds. You can delete all body files, including _msn.dds etc etc. We're just interested in keeping head & hand normals from BnP.
For example:

• DELETEĀ femalehead.dds
  • DELETE femalehead_sk.dds
  • DELETEĀ femalehead_s.dds
  • KEEPĀ  Ā  Ā femalehead_msn.dds

KEEP IN MIND - Even with this setup you will have seams UNTIL you configure SBM in the MCM!!!

Ā 

If you don't want to go that route, I can create a quick & dirty demoniac skin patch.
I don't know what exactly you mean by sharing a texture template..?
Ā 

Edited by Neyri LL
2 hours ago, Neyri LL said:

If you don't mind using BnP head & hand normals, you can do what I described in another comment: (How I would do it on MO2) Download & install BnP - Female SkinĀ below Demoniac in MO2 left pane, then open the file explorer of BnP and delete all files that do not have _msn.dds or _s.dds. You can delete all body files, including _msn.dds etc etc. We're just interested in keeping head & hand normals (and specular) from BnP.
For example:

• DELETEĀ femalehead.dds
  • DELETE femalehead_sk.dds
  • KEEPĀ  Ā  Ā femalehead_s.dds
  • KEEPĀ  Ā  Ā femalehead_msn.dds

KEEP IN MIND - Even with this setup you will have seams UNTIL you configure SBM in the MCM!!!

OK. I will try this.

14 minutes ago, Schlussel0719 said:

OK. I will try this.

Actually, you're better off deleting the specular maps of BnP as well (thats the _s.dds files)!

I've edited the original comment to match this recommendation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kingslayer101 said:

Will this work with UNP/UUNP skins?

I don't think so noĀ šŸ˜¢

Ā 

On 3/18/2024 at 9:26 PM, WYH661129 said:

BijinĀ skinĀ Pleaseļ¼ŸSorry I'mĀ notĀ goodĀ at English.

I'm sorry I'm very busy in my life right now... exams :(