Damsels Before Distress SE 1.0

Damsels Before Distress SE 1.0

View File

Consider this a Beta concept mod. I'm not exactly certain how to fully implement this mod for full effect but as it is right now;

This is a mod that modifies the main core of my damsels series. About all damsels from DiD0, DiD1, DiD2, and DiD3 are put into a state you could imagine them to being before they ever got into distress. Now you will find the follower damsels on set patrol routes. If you are familiar with the backstories of the damsels you can deduce as to where they will make their haunt, such as Nova will spend a lot of time at the Bannered Mare and patrol around Whiterun.

So what is the purpose of this mod?

Maybe you want lots of hot female npcs wandering around your world for some immersive effect.

Or maybe you want a setting where lots of women are wandering around in the wilderness and being vulnerable to poaching by malevolent forces. 

This is the main reason. This is for npc rape and enslavement mods.

But as this mod is still almost in a concept phase I don't know what mods to use with it, how to use them. So please try this mod out and tell me what you want from it.

A disclaimer; just because you tell me to do something does not mean I have to do it.

Legendary Edition Compatible?

SSSSSupposedly. This mod has no mesh or texture files because it only modifies existing mods. It would probably work with minor issues.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/26/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    DiD0 Follower Collection, DiD1 Spoils of War, DiD2 The Caged Rose, DiD3 Breeding Slaves
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

9 hours ago, crococat said:

Dont understand, damsels will all be free wandering from begining of the game or they had to be released by player?

They are free from the start of the game.

4 hours ago, duknazill said:

Can't download the mod for some reason, but i could download your other mods, so idk what happend to the download button

I had no issue using the download.

I like the concept already. I guess the feeling of "There used to be a nice lady who I occasionally exchange greetings within this area. She usually goes from X to Y everyday, but its been over a week since I've heard from her. I hope she's ok." 

and then you found out what happened.

7 hours ago, Pyreite said:

They are free from the start of the game.

Does it break conception of breeding slaves? And is it safe to install it midgame if other 4 your mods are intalled?

Just asking, i prefere to save damsels by myself. It may be great to have option in this mod to handle girls only after they are saved.

7 hours ago, Asumcc said:

I must say my respect for you is huge. Turning your mods to ESL when you couldve let it be esp. My plugin is almost full tysm for turning most of your mods to ESL. You deserve this ??

I take.

7 hours ago, Asumcc said:

I would love to have the option to exclude few damsels mods like spoils of war. Also is it fine to install this in mid game?

If you had these mods before hand; no. If not then it should be fine.

4 hours ago, crococat said:

Does it break conception of breeding slaves? And is it safe to install it midgame if other 4 your mods are intalled?

Just asking, i prefere to save damsels by myself. It may be great to have option in this mod to handle girls only after they are saved.

Yes it does break the purpose of the original mods, but now you can be the reason for their distress. If you don't want that then by all means don't take it. And yes I would imagine this mod causing a lot of issues if you had the preqs worked beforehand.

I like your mods, and I really I like this idea, a lot. (from my forum icon you might understand why)

Instead of suggesting specific things, I think I'll just brain dump and then maybe you'll find something that strikes your fancy. I hope you can get some ideas from this.

If I were to do it, I'd go a few different ways, maybe a combination of different ways. I guess it depends on if you're looking for a project or just something to tinker with.

Most mods that send X person to Y situation are player based, or are a full blown quest, so I'm not sure what to suggest in that way, but there are some mods to maybe hook into in some way or use in combo with missing damsels.

Hook into/use as story/add:

- Being Female (some damsels went missing and are being used as breeders)

- Soul Gem Oven (incubator slaves, maybe if you keep them as a follower, they can still incubate and create gems for you)

- Bestial Essence (some damsels went missing and are being used in cross breeding experiments)

- College of Winterhold - Quest Expansion (add some extra quests, finding some missing students?)

- The Forgotten City (I think this could get fun or annoying lol)

- Helgen Reborn (Could add some interesting things here and there)

- Amorous Adventures (add some 'save the damsel' quests to further increase relationship rank)

- The Ancient Profession (prostitutes have gone missing)

Starts and Quest hub ideas/examples:

- New Beginnings - Live Another Life Extension SSE (New Alternate start scenarios, maybe a harem builder with a place they can be collected to? You're a bounty hunter and are hired to locate missing damsels?)

- Could add some stuff like Missives (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17576) or The Notice Board SE (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3218) do, though I'm not sure I'd use the actual mods, just do something similar

- Do something like Sidequests of Skyrim (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54245)

- Add some quests for Housecarls or certain main NPCs to go find some missing family/friends, option to reduce relationship if you end up enslaving or killing the damsel instead of saving them.

Trigger mods:

- Simple Defeat: If a damsel is defeated (NPC vs NPC) or (NPC vs PC follower), they go to distressed location/state.

Dump damsels into:

- Diary of Mine / Paradise Halls Enhanced

Devious Devices:

I'm hesitant to suggest anything that requires Devious Devices, as DD mods can get unstable real fast, and have it as a requirement can cause a lot of limitations.

Story Modes:

I think you might need to write some low level story/backstory for each damsel that goes from free to distressed if you want to make it more interesting.

Some NPC capture activators ideas (move from free roaming to distress):

- After certain quests or main story quests are completed or started, some damsels go to where they are in current mods (e.g. after returning the claw to in Riverwood, a friend went to find the thief, but hasn't come back yet, starting winterhold college quest chain after you return from Saarthal, find some missing apprentices and maybe get some spell books in exchange).

- Talking to certain NPCs in a town/city about missing people in certain areas will cause certain damsels (like ones that travel in the wilds) to go to where they are in current mods, and you can go find them.

- After you clear a dungeon or site, some time passes, then slavers setup shop.

- Somewhat like completing dispatch quests from Stewards to clear out bandits from a certain area, certain people were reported as missing, we'd like someone to go check it out. Kind of like what Immersive Wenches does.

More involved (story writing req):

- Short quests to befriend (or even just meeting/see) some of the free damsels, then if left to their own after a certain amount of time, they go to a distress location.

+ If befriended, courier brings you a notice about how your friend has gone missing and you need to go to the steward of the Jarl's hold that they were a resident of.

+ If just met/see, could trigger a dialog to show up at the inn keeper or steward to find missing damsel.

One mod maker (DSHV) has some interesting ideas that could be used for inspiration, Troubles of Heroine (

)

Edited by NicholasJMoore
On 11/26/2023 at 10:38 AM, Pyreite said:

But as this mod is still almost in a concept phase I don't know what mods to use with it, how to use them. So please try this mod out and tell me what you want from it.

After a very quick test with Nova, this seems to work well with Notice Me Senpai.  As it looks to me like the DiD girls use the standard AI, I think they should all work with NMS.  I don't know, however, if they would be candidates for the Notice Board & NMS rescue quests.

The Caged Rose adds a slave brothel, but this mod removes all the slaves from it.

It would be good if we could take it over and persuade the remaining NPCs to work for us,  We could then "employ" some girls and/or boys to generate passive income.

I could fake it with Notice Me Senpai, but the employees would all just be slaves living in the brothel, and I don't think it would generate any income without hands-on management.

Edited by dunderhead59

So there's no easy way to turn it back into a brothel?  I assume that none of the girls who would have been brothel slaves retain any of their previous AI packages?

As it is, it would make a good training and holding location for slaves from other mods which already include capture systems.  I am certain that this would work with NMS, and I think it should work with PAHE (which I haven't used for quite a while).

P.S. Thanks for the entire DiD series. Nice work.

• 4 weeks later...

Do the girls still have all their original Ref IDs and such? I'm just wondering, if you were to rename this .esl to be the exact same name as Damsels in Distress.esl, and swap them over after say ten hours of gameplay, would the game know the difference?

To be clear, I'm talking about starting a new game with Before Distress installed, meeting all the girls pre-kidnapping, then uninstalling Before and replacing it with Damsels in Distress. If the esl files had the exact file names, would that cause an error, or would it work?