3rd person camera issue

Bootaka

My 3rd person camera doesn't stay in the set position.

A few days ago I noticed my 3rd person camera will move to the left slightly, right behind my head.  Not like it is set there, like it is being reset there. I control my camera with the skyrim.ini

[Camera]
fVanityModeMaxDist=2000.0000
fVanityModeMinDist=5.0000
fMouseWheelZoomMinDelta=0.0050
fMouseWheelZoomSpeed=0.8000
fMouseWheelZoomIncrement=0.0050
fMinCurrentZoom=0.001
fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=2.0201
fOverShoulderCombatPosX=-0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosY=0.0000
fOverShoulderPosZ=-5.0000
fOverShoulderPosX=11.0000
fOverShoulderPosY=0.0000

I set it a couple inches to the right of my head at ear level, weapons ready it is dead center just above my head. I've always done it this way and its always worked fine. I tried that camera mod and I couldn't deal with the way the screen twitches into place when you use it. Which is exactly what this looks like atm. If I start a new game, run/kill/walk/dance my way through the opening act, make my way to Riverwood, watch that stuff, then head up to the Barrows. I've made it as far as finishing the Barrows, soon as I stepped inside, my camera shifts. Sometimes it happens sooner, but out of 50 new games, the front door is the cutoff. This also happened in saved games.

When this happens, my crosshairs end up behind my head, ugh. Obviously my first reaction was, fix it. Tab out, adjust, tab in, refreshini then tab to reset the camera, it moves excatly where I told it to move, and continues to move back... behind my head.

I keep lots of backups, tried them, it still does it. I removed anything I added/changed, no change, I removed my ini files and any ini files I could find with a camera reference, still nothing. I uninstalled Skyrim, I uninstalled Steam, I deleted My Doc/Games/Skyrim, I deleted the steam sys folder. I reinstalled Steam and Skyrim to a new drive and DIR. Everything works fine for about as long as it takes me to get into the Barrows, then the crosshairs move behind my head... 

I can't play with my camera doing this. 

Yes I ran BOSS, and I'll post my load order to be funny.
Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm

To be clear, nothing is disabled. I have Steam, Skyrim, Wrye Bash, and BOSS installed . 

Are there Skyrim Files outside of My Docs/Games/Skyrim and SteamApp/common/Skyrim that I'm unaware of?

Cutsomizable Camera is the other one. They both twitch, makes me twitch. 

edit*

What camera mod did you try because I was going to recommend Enhanced 3rdPerson Camera.

EDIT

Curious, what other mods do you have installed?

I edited that in, nothing, not a single one. Not disabled. Not installed. Steam, Skyrim, Bash, BOSS

I don't know why, but whatever is causing your camera to switch dead-center is probably the reason why the camera mods are twitching.

No mods installed, okay, I was wondering why you are using BOSS.

If you are using clean saves ( "clean" as in "not reusing a save that might have old remnants of scripts and mods") and started a new game then this is perplexing.

I'll make it more intresting. 

I did a secure erase of my SSDs, reinstalled the OS, Steam, Skyrim, touched nothing. Worked exactly as expected, till just before the Barrows. Twitch*

I can pull up saves games where this isn't happening, but it will and does happen. When it happens, ini changes have no effect at all. Starts where  the ini had it, twitches where it wants to.

To add one more to the WTF, I got annoyed and installed a camera mod, (why do I have to run a mod to keep settings I have no idea, reminds me of Win98/ME,) Everything was as it should be, then Twitch*, I kept playing, I'm annoyed, and all of a sudden, it resets back to the correct default according to the game's default .ini

The one possible explanation I can come up with is Steam is doing it, saving some funky settings and forcing them on and off when they feel like, because I'm not the one changing my files.

BTW: I did find a 3rd Skyrim system file location, Docs and settings/users/App Data  Didn't help me, but I found it.

Archived