Vokriinator Black Mage Armor Patch

Another simple patch - this one for Vokriinator Black - I LOVE all the perk trees and choices.  But I was irritated by how it forced my mage to wear robes to take advantage of mage armor perks in the alteration tree.  I have alot of clothing and armor mods, and my mage wants to use those and look pretty.

This makes it so instead of requiring robes, it requires you to not be wearing light or heavy armor for the various stages of the Mage Armor perk.  Also covers the Fortification perk so you get the 100 armor points so long as you're not wearing armor.  v0.3 adds Sorcerer's Robes for 25% more effective spells and Initiates Charm for 10% spell cost reduction.

So now if you wish to fight naked or your clothing mods don't fill the body slot, you still get the perks.

Requirements:

Vokriinator Black and it's requirements.

ChangeLog:

0.3 Added Sorcerer's Robes and Initiates Charm.

0.2 Added Oak Flesh and Dragon Hide

0.1 Initial release changed Mage Armor and Fortification, but missed Oak Flesh and Dragon Hide

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/29/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Vokriinator Black and it's requirements.
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by km4387
Edit description for new version 0.3
On 11/6/2023 at 5:53 PM, Thelen said:

I love this, its always bugged me how vokriinator gets rid of the unarmored build. Are you planning on doing this for the other perks in that branch of the alteration tree?

Sorry I missed your question - Fortification was done in the first version for the extra 100 armor, but I never mentioned it - it's now in the description.  The others I haven't gotten to yet, but it's likely that I can and will do them in the future.

No I don't think so - it's a great mod for variety and specialization.  I did notice a perk or two that are called "unused perk" or something like that in the alchemy tree.  I've yet to look into it.  Might be misnamed or something.  If not I might add something in that spot.  There may be others I haven't noticed.  There's ALOT of perks and I've yet to explore everything.  Mainly with it I've got a level 35 fire mage, and a sword and board warrior.

At some point I'd like to do a conjuration mage or necromancer - there's alot of fun looking perks for that.  Maybe an alchemy build but I'll probably want to add more mods for that, will take some research.

But no real complaints other than the mage armor thing - try it out, experiment and see what you think.

I should also mention I'm using Skyrim Skill Uncapper for SE and AE, and the uncapper.ini from (SJG) OMEGA (it's in the Omega AIO download).  This gives you an extra perk point at certain levels to speed things up a little bit cause the perk trees are huge.  There are probably other ways of getting extra perks, such as trading dragon souls and what not, but I've no experience with any of those.

You may want to edit that uncapper.ini - if I recall I slowed down lockpicking and destruction cause they levelled way too fast.

Edited by km4387