How to add keywords to Skyrim.esm armors

Looking for a way to either add Babo keywords the default skyrim armors, my younger self was able to do that at some point in time but after years and a skyrim mod reset I have forgotten such arcane knowledge. Is there a specific process you go through in xEdit to be able to put keywords into the armors? Or can you somehow move the armor files to a different mod/have them overwritten in order edit them? Or is there some mod that has been put out now that allows that? 

22 hours ago, Pillsbody said:

Looking for a way to either add Babo keywords the default skyrim armors, my younger self was able to do that at some point in time but after years and a skyrim mod reset I have forgotten such arcane knowledge. Is there a specific process you go through in xEdit to be able to put keywords into the armors? Or can you somehow move the armor files to a different mod/have them overwritten in order edit them? Or is there some mod that has been put out now that allows that? 

Essentially you're making a patch/override mod, though how you go about that has a variety of methods.  Kameo's suggestion is probably the best if you want to do ALL of the armors, clothing, etc from vanilla (+DLCs) and you might need to consider if you have any other mods that also modify the armors. A texture / mesh replace mod won't be bothered unless it includes an ESP.

If you only want to do a couple, especially as a test to see if something is working, you can open TESedit and load the necessary ESMs, find a record and (IIRC) right click on it, choose the Add as Override option and add it to an ESP you create. You can add keywords from another mod as long as you make that mod a master to the one you create. After it has the needed masters, you can go to the keywords section of the entry you added to your new mod and add whatever you need from the master mod.