Script to allow Wolf to walk through doors?

1 minute ago, Tlam99 said:

There might be a way without script and race change.

Create a duplicate of the race, like dummywolf.

Create a duplicate of your animal follower (leave all data the same)

Untick in the dummy race "can't open doors.

Assign this race to the dummy wolf.

Use this npc dummy wolf as template for the npc wolf.

Use template flag base data only.

This assigns only name, essential and things like swim, can't open doors etc., but not skeleton and original race data (for MNC).

I just don't get why it should be necessary. There's plenty of custom races added to the "MoreNastyCritters.pex" already, which judging by those mods added, works out of the box. Custom races, based on vanilla ones. Just like i'm trying to do.

6 minutes ago, Tearoth said:

just don't get why

Well....

Just a hint.

Wanna change every time the script ?

Do it again on updates ?

Remains it compatible, if other mods change ?

Plus plus...

Leave original mods as good as possible unchanged.

Do not modify game files if not really needed (avoid overwrites)

Just some basics for good modding practce.

Edited by Tlam99
6 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

Well....

Just a hint.

Wanna change every time the script ?

Do it again on updates ?

Remains it compatible, if other mods change ?

Plus plus...

Leave original mods as good as possible unchanged.

Do not modify game files if not really needed (avoid overwrites)

Just some basics for good modding practce.

Modifying that script just seems simple to me, compared to the alternatives. And MNC rarely receives updates. :/ So i was hoping i could get it to work. And it should work. It works for a bunch of other custom creatures.

Just now, Tlam99 said:

Talk to myself....

I really should stop givin' hints here....as I did on the dark side already.

Sorry Tlam. I just don't understand why the other custom added vanilla-style races out there works out of the box, and yet these don't.

1 hour ago, traison said:

It still did not work. I'm so baffled. I guess i'll have to research it more.

Going back to the post on that other thread i linked you earlier...

What exactly was he trying to do? Seemed to me like he was trying to force the MNC script to be reloaded with the added races in them?

5 minutes ago, Tearoth said:

What exactly was he trying to do?

SexLabRegisterCreatureKey is an event sent from sslCreatureAnimationSlots after SL is done registering its own races. Clearly intended to be used to register custom races. All that script does is register 3 additional races under the "Werewolves" race key:

AddRaceID("Werewolves", "XenoBeastRace")
AddRaceID("Werewolves", "XenoPredator")
AddRaceID("Werewolves", "XenoQueenRace")

10 minutes ago, traison said:

SexLabRegisterCreatureKey is an event sent from sslCreatureAnimationSlots after SL is done registering its own races. Clearly intended to be used to register custom races. All that script does is register 3 additional races under the "Werewolves" race key:

AddRaceID("Werewolves", "XenoBeastRace")
AddRaceID("Werewolves", "XenoPredator")
AddRaceID("Werewolves", "XenoQueenRace")

I see.

And compared to my current situation (Because i'm guessing the author of that post has the same kind of issue) would it actually work?

10 minutes ago, Tearoth said:

I see.

And compared to my current situation (Because i'm guessing the author of that post has the same kind of issue) would it actually work?

Depending on what that implementation in MNC actually does (append or replace), it may either do the exact same thing as editing the MNC script directly or get replaced by the MNC script. I'm not familiar with adding custom races to MNC/SL. I only just tried to add Dremoras myself but not had a chance to see what, if anything, that did.

6 minutes ago, traison said:

Depending on what that implementation in MNC actually does (append or replace), it may either do the exact same thing as editing the MNC script directly or get replaced by the MNC script. I'm not familiar with adding custom races to MNC/SL. I only just tried to add Dremoras myself but not had a chance to see what, if anything, that did.

Ah okay. Fair enough.

Gotta admit... I don't really see the point in having a MNC script for custom races, when adding custom races to it doesn't even work anyway xD

Thanks for all your help traison. :)

I'll keep researching, and i'll let you know if i get it working. If you figure anything out, let me know. :) 

Edited by Tearoth
4 hours ago, traison said:

Okay, so... Turns out i'm an idiot, and i didn't put your Compiled script in the right location.

I'm pleased to say that it's working flawlessly now! Thank you for the help, traison!

Thank you so much for your help everyone!

1 hour ago, Tlam99 said:

If you are interested how it's done, watch the video.

I will consider using templates for another thing I'm working on to get the doors working. The dremora/mnc thing is for an entirely different project. I saw that I'd have to do some cleaning in SLAC to get that working. The conditions on the aliases it uses to scan for valid npcs are horrible; not entirely the fault of SLAC though, the way boolean operators are evaulated in the CK is just...  well, I'd say bad, but maybe the correct wording is "too different".