Fresh install, getting CDTs

aps16

So yesterday I re-installed Skyrim after almost a year, but damn these crashes. I tested the vanilla geverything seemed to be in order, after that I installed a few mods and then the problems started. I get CTDs mostly whenever I'm outdoors at random places, the game also freezes unexpectedly (even when I try to save the game), sometimes loads forever. Anyway, here's my BOSS log-

======================================
SKSE Plugins

SKSE Version: 0.1.6.16

nioverride.dll

showRaceMenu_preCacheKiller.dll

Recognised Plugins

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

Skyrim.esm Active

Update.esm Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
* Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit ("http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25859") cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here ("http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit").

Dawnguard.esm Active
* Contains dirty edits: 619 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit ("http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25859") cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here ("http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit").
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

Dragonborn.esm Active
* Contains dirty edits: 61 ITM, 8 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit ("http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25859") cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here ("http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit").

ApachiiHairFemales.esm Active

RaceCompatibility.esm Active

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev, Stats}}

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev, Stats}}

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Stats}}

Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp Active

DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp Active
* Note: Make sure you have not switched DoF off in your ini file. If you don't see any effect, open you Skyrimprefs.ini and look for 'bDoDepthOfField'. Make sure it is set to 1.

IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp Active

RaceMenu.esp Active

RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active
* Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.

SkyUI.esp Active

SuccubusRaceLite.esp Active

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active

In addition to these I also use the CBBE TBBP body, FNIS and Stakado's Cinemascope ENB.

I know the ENB isn't the culprit, I was still getting the CTDs with that deactivated. I don't know why this is happening, the last time I played Skyrim I had the above mods along with hundred others, never had this problem (nevermind the occasional CTD). Maybe its the custom race? But I've used custom races before, why now?

EDIT- Sorry for the typo in the topic name, lol :P

• disable Dynavision,
  • do what BOSS tells you and clean the DLCs and the Update,
  • deactivate all hires textures, you may have installed

i've seen the Succubus race causing problems on a friends game, as it screwed up the vampire transformation. As this is essential to him, he uninstalled this mod and by this even removed some other glitches and flaws. i don't know what exactly this race mod edits, but it definitly edits alot of vanilla stuff, that's better left as-is. if i remember right, it even edited vanilla script, making it pretty incompatible.

The author of Succubus Lite promissed an updated (know it from searching for the source of the errors, just check the comments section), that should address lots of issues and include new stuff, but that's a pretty while back by now.

• (deactivate the Succubus race)
  • test-run your game

Okay I'll do you as you told, thanks. Anyway here's an update, I just started a new game with one of the vanilla races and guess what? no crash. So I think its safe to say that it is the race mod causing trouble. After that, I installed the Ashen Race, again started getting the random CTDs. So custom races? But why? I was using the Temptress race a few months back just fine. any suggestions? or maybe some other good bug-free custom race I should use?

PS - But Succubus Race description says its perfectly compatible with vampires...?

i don't use the Succubus race, but as far as my friends game told us, it destroys the vampire transformation (we didn't even bother, to test what else stopped working).

i don't know how or why exactly, but i guess it's due to the edits to vanilla scripts and the fact, that this mods comes with it's own transformation.

And i wouldn't say race mods in common will cause this problem for you. Some race mods are just made in a way, that they cause problems in mod combinations or in general, as they where made for an older version of Skyrim.

if the Temptress race worked before, disable the USKP and see if it works again. if it does, this race mod is outdated and i myself, would prefer to play with the USKP instead of using a custom race.

Another thing to consider: Many race mods come with hires textures. Sometimes even with 4k textures. Rather unnecessary imo, so you should shrink them down with DDSOpt or similar, to a more suitable size (i recommend 2048x2048 for 2GB graphic cards). Or check the mods page, for lower res textures.

Well I just uninstalled and re-installed the game. Just tested it with the Ningheim race, race compatibility patch, unofficial patches and the alternate start. Everything seems to be in order....for now, I'll keep posting as I add other mods.

Save yourself some time and get Mod Organizer. Makes switching mods on and off way easier as with any other mod manager and you'll never have to reinstall your game, if you use MO the way it is supposed to be used. Makes error tracking way easier.

The only thing that may still install stuff into the games data dir, are mods that you installed from the steam shop, but you can easily transfer those into MO.

Thanks for the info, I'll check MO out. Btw, the game's working fine now, have all of my initial mods active and I experienced no crashes or freezes during my pretty long play session. I'll download MO and see how it works. Thanks for all help CGi

Archived