[Mod][XCL] Knock-off Pharmacy [for 0.18a]

[XCL] Knock-off Pharmacy [for 0.18a]

Adds a new pharmacy to the mall for selling (non-X-Change) knock-off pills.

Author: usagitriplesix

Knock-off Pharmacy

This mod adds a new store called "Pill Poppa" to the mall.

While the mod doesn't include any new pills, it's been created with the intent of giving modders a place to sell non-X-Change "knock-off" pills. So, if it's not a reputable product of the X-Change corporation, this Pill Poppa is probably the place to look for it.

Works with X-Change Life v0.19

Instructions for Players

To use this mod, you need the core Twee file and the media file. The store does not come with any pills on it's own. These need to be added via other mods or through patches. I have included a few patches, but other creators can make their own.

Explanation of the available files:

• REQUIREDXCL u666 knockoff pharmacy CORE: TWEE and MEDIA files - These two core files  are required to add the store to the mall. All additional files will add different options to the store.

Patches for Pills - These patches allow pills/drugs from other mods to be sold through the Pill Poppa pharmacy

Other patches

• XCL u666z knockoff pharmacy Patch4Diagnostic - This is a patch for the Pill Diagnostic Kiosk (requires BR Pill Mod). It should also work with Drug Framework mods.

For Modders:

In theory, the new passages added by this mod should allow you to add pills to the knock-off pharmacy just as you would for the X-change one. A sample file has been included to demonstrate. The passages are:

• ko_pharmacy_options - For adding additional options to the pharmacy
  • ko_browse_pills - For browsing the store's pill inventory
  • ko_purchase_pills - For purchasing a pill

See the file u666_knockoff_pharmacy_sample_pills.twee for a sample.

• 1 month later...

"XCL u666 knockoff pharmacy Patch4Caliente v003.twee" does not work for me, I get:

I can't (display:) the passage 'drug caliente listing' because it doesn't exist.
I can't (display:) the passage 'drug futility listing' because it doesn't exist.

Modifying the patch and changing the name of the passages as above does work, like "drug listing caliente" -> "drug caliente listing".

This is on 0.18a oct28, with the mod results attached.

mod_results.txt

Hello there, I have a laundry list of issues due to trying to mix a bunch of mods and patches together. Not sure where is the best place to post this, but since most of the files I have that are somehow conflicting came from this thread's downloads, I figured this was likely the place.

Some of the conflicts are patches conflicting with the very file they are supposed to patch to allow. Others are metadata issues. There is also one instance of a so called missing "Wonka Shop Mod" for a u666 but I have Wonka.3b.xcl in my mod list. Anyway, here is the mod_results readings:

BR Pill Mod: Conflicts with Bring Her Back on [work]., Conflicts with XCL u666 knockoff pharmacy Patch4BRpills v003.twee on [Temp Breeder listing, Temp Breeder purchase, Empress listing, Empress purchase]., Conflicts with U666 Pill Diagnostic Kiosk - Patch4DrugFW on [pill test, pill test 2]., Conflicts with U666 Pill Diagnostic Kiosk on [pill test, pill test 2]., Conflicts with U666 Spike Fun Workplace on [workplace spike occurs]., Conflicts with U666 Knockoff Pharmacy Patch4Diagnostic on [pill test].
Bunny-Rx: Conflicts with U666 Knockoff Pharmacy Patch4BunnyRx on [drug listing Bunny-Rx, drug purchase Bunny-Rx].
MooMe-Rx: Conflicts with U666 Knockoff Pharmacy Patch4MooMeRx on [drug listing MooMe-Rx, drug purchase MooMe-Rx].
More Settings Spike Fun: Conflicts with U666 Spike Fun Core on [spike pill set default chances].
U666 Drug Caliente + Futility: Conflicts with U666 Knockoff Pharmacy Patch4Caliente on [drug listing caliente, drug listing Futility, drug purchase Caliente, drug purchase Futility].
U666 Drug Framework: Conflicts with U666 Drug Framework on [drug initialize, drug initialize on load, update drug timer, take drug, update drug effects, get drug spiked].
U666 Knockoff Pharmacy Patch4Diagnostic: Conflicts with U666 Pill Diagnostic Kiosk - Patch4DrugFW on [pill test]., Conflicts with U666 Pill Diagnostic Kiosk on [pill test, pill test results exit button].
U666 Pill Diagnostic Kiosk: Conflicts with U666 Pill Diagnostic Kiosk - Patch4DrugFW on [pill test, pill test 2].
U666 Spike Fun Core: Requires another mod named Wonka Shop Mod, which could not be found
Warning: Failed to read mod metadata for XCL u666 knockoff pharmacy Patch4BRpills v003.twee: com.charleskorn.kaml.DuplicateKeyException at requiredMods on line 14, column 1: Duplicate key 'requiredMods'. It was previously given at line 9, column 1.

Edited by Selai
4 hours ago, ObedientCat said:

"XCL u666 knockoff pharmacy Patch4Caliente v003.twee" does not work for me, I get:

I can't (display:) the passage 'drug caliente listing' because it doesn't exist.
I can't (display:) the passage 'drug futility listing' because it doesn't exist.

Modifying the patch and changing the name of the passages as above does work, like "drug listing caliente" -> "drug caliente listing".

This is on 0.18a oct28, with the mod results attached.

Thanks. It looks like there are some issues I'll need to address in the KO Pharmacy patches for BR Pills and Caliente. I won't get a chance to address those until tomorrow.

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2024 at 2:45 AM, mark633 said:

i just want to know is the effects permanat or do they go away 

This is just the store in the mall. It doesn't have anything to do with pills or side effects. Those are provided by other mods.